News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jakeroot

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 05, 2017, 06:57:14 PM
Rainy, miserable day.

Sounds like a typical Pacific Northwest winter day. Although not today! Not a cloud in the sky here. Forecast for the next few days suggests sun but cold temps. Sun+warmth is not a thing in the winter here.

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: jakeroot on December 05, 2017, 10:45:56 PM
Rainy, miserable day.

Sounds like a typical Pacific Northwest winter day. Although not today! Not a cloud in the sky here. Forecast for the next few days suggests sun but cold temps. Sun+warmth is not a thing in the winter here.

Agreed although where I live, I have a wind and air stagnation advisory in affect. I live right on the border of the two so I'm affected by both.

I think Portland and Boston made a deal to swap weather patterns for a week.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

jakeroot

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 05, 2017, 11:17:10 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on December 05, 2017, 10:45:56 PM
Rainy, miserable day.

Agreed although where I live, I have a wind and air stagnation advisory in affect. I live right on the border of the two so I'm affected by both.

They have been talking about implementing an air stagnation advisory in my area as well, but nothing just yet. Plenty of fog in the a.m. though.

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 05, 2017, 11:17:10 PM
I think Portland and Boston made a deal to swap weather patterns for a week.

I think the whole Northwest switched weather with Boston.

kkt

Perfectly clear, cloudless, clear air.  Cold at night, frost on the ground where it's open to the sky and lots on bridges.  Comfy in the sun at midday.

jakeroot

Quote from: kkt on December 06, 2017, 03:49:24 PM
Perfectly clear, cloudless, clear air.  Cold at night, frost on the ground where it's open to the sky and lots on bridges.  Comfy in the sun at midday.

I was way out south earlier today. Many of the reservoirs/small bodies of water had a thin layer of ice on them. And that was at noon!

Roadgeekteen

Not as cold and not raining today.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

ET21

NW Indiana has it's first big traffic nightmare of the winter season. Multiple slide-offs on 80/90 in the snowbelt area due to ice. Didn't snow crazy, but just enough to mess up traffic in the area. Many truck shipments I track at work are in that mess  :ded:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Max Rockatansky

It's been in the high 20s/low 30s this week in the morning here in Central California.  It's been kind of a retro week where I've had to break out my old winter running gear.  Strange having to dodge wet looking surfaces in the dark again, I'm not surprised people are dumb enough to run their sprinklers. 

Roadgeekteen

21stCenturyRoad

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 07, 2017, 12:39:25 PM
Colder today.
Constant posts about the your local weather conditions are a disaster
The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: 21stCenturyRoad on December 07, 2017, 01:35:58 PM
Colder today.
Constant posts about the your local weather conditions are a disaster Constantly posting not much other than numbers and a few words can be a disaster.

FTFY  :biggrin:

To be honest, if it was very detailed weather data every time, then that would be mighty fine - but the problem arises when this thread gets clouded with posts that only contain things such as "41," "52," "45," "colder," "warmer," all within one day of eachother.

:hmmm:

No offense, RGT, but I would highly recommend toning it down just a little bit in this thread.  :D
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

jp the roadgeek

Yesterday, weather was saying a 40% chance of flurries on Saturday. Now they're saying 2-4" .  No bueno :angry:
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on December 07, 2017, 04:27:17 PM
Colder today.
Constant posts about the your local weather conditions are a disaster Constantly posting not much other than numbers and a few words can be a disaster.

To be honest, if it was very detailed weather data every time, then that would be mighty fine - but the problem arises when this thread gets clouded with posts that only contain things such as "41," "52," "45," "colder," "warmer," all within one day of eachother.

No offense, RGT, but I would highly recommend toning it down just a little bit in this thread.  :D
I am trying to add more details. My recent ones should have a few more words.

ET21

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 07, 2017, 09:25:59 PM
Colder today.

"Colder today",  :rolleyes:

In my neck of the woods, we had the first arctic taste the last couple of mornings in Chicago, 17 at daybreak today. Our first decent sticking snow comes in tonight with a couple inches possible, nothing too crazy.

Clinched:

index

It's supposed to be hopping around between rain, clouds, sleet, and a wintry mix today. It's expected that we'll get a bit of wintry mix in the morning tomorrow, finished off with some late morning flurries.

I've been outside today multiple times and the rain at 35 degrees doesn't feel very good with an unzipped light jacket.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

jeffandnicole

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on December 07, 2017, 04:29:48 PM
Yesterday, weather was saying a 40% chance of flurries on Saturday. Now they're saying 2-4" .  No bueno :angry:

On the otherhand, that means $$$ to me, so I'm looking forward to it!  :D

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: ET21 on December 08, 2017, 09:21:20 AM
Colder today.

In my neck of the woods, we had the first arctic taste the last couple of mornings in Chicago, 17 at daybreak today. Our first decent sticking snow comes in tonight with a couple inches possible, nothing too crazy.

Is it possible for you to send that cold weather and snow to Portland when you are done, I'm in the mood for some snow and cold weather (for ski season). :bigass:

Running till I die.

Eth

It's snowing in Atlanta today! Like, actually in Atlanta itself, not just the far northern suburbs like usual. Snow happens in town here maybe once a year if we're lucky. Snow this early in the season is even rarer; this is either the second or third time I've seen it happen here in December in my memory.

ET21

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 08, 2017, 11:04:59 AM
Colder today.

Is it possible for you to send that cold weather and snow to Portland when you are done, I'm in the mood for some snow and cold weather (for ski season). :bigass:

It got sent to the Texas coast! 2.5 inches of snow in the greater Houston area, even snow on the Gulf of Mexico coastline in Galveston

Clinched:

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: ET21 on December 08, 2017, 12:47:00 PM
Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 08, 2017, 11:04:59 AM
Colder today.

It got sent to the Texas coast! 2.5 inches of snow in the greater Houston area, even snow on the Gulf of Mexico coastline in Galveston

Where's the jelous emoji?

Running till I die.

Roadgeekteen

In the 30s today. I went on a camping trip today(but did not stay overnight) and it was freezing! Someone was in short sleeves though.

kkt

Inversion layer expected to continue for the next week.  More clear nights, frosty mornings, sunny days.  Gradually worsening air quality.  Air temperatures at several thousand feet elevation are much higher than at sea level: Paradise, at 5000 feet, was reported at 65 today while us in the lowlands didn't even break 50.

roadman

Today (Saturday, December 9th), we have been under a winter storm warning in the Boston area since 4 am.  Started snowing about two hours ago, now have just over an inch in Wakefield (north of Boston).  Storm expected to intensify this afternoon, predicting a total of 4 to 7 inches before it ends early Sunday.

Settled in here for the duration - have fired up the scanners to monitor MassDOT and Mass State Police.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: roadman on December 09, 2017, 01:04:53 PM
Settled in here for the duration - have fired up the scanners to monitor MassDOT and Mass State Police.

As perverse as it sounds, I wish something that interesting would happen here. It's just been cold. Maybe a little windy at times, but that's it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.