News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Theme Change?

Started by Hobart, March 26, 2024, 12:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

I just miss my original highway sign read/unread markers on the boards.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

Max Rockatansky

The current theme is easier to view on a phone versus the older green version (I don't use TapTalk).

on_wisconsin

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 10, 2024, 07:34:00 PMThe current theme is easier to view on a phone versus the older green version (I don't use TapTalk).
As another non-TapTalk user, the new theme is nice that you don't have to pinch and zoom to read the forum when on mobile devices.
"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

TheGrassGuy

Could we potentially just change the background colors from white and navy blue to something greener as an interim solution?
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

Rothman

I've found Tapatalk to be useless now with the new setup.  Doesn't work when keeping track of unread posts.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: TheGrassGuy on May 16, 2024, 04:45:19 PMCould we potentially just change the background colors from white and navy blue to something greener as an interim solution?

That would be about as much work as redoing the theme entirely, honestly.

Which a couple of us are working on, just...stuff comes up.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

on_wisconsin

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 16, 2024, 09:33:28 PM
Quote from: TheGrassGuy on May 16, 2024, 04:45:19 PMCould we potentially just change the background colors from white and navy blue to something greener as an interim solution?

Will the current theme still be the default for mobile users?
"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

Scott5114

Quote from: on_wisconsin on May 16, 2024, 09:58:31 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 16, 2024, 09:33:28 PM

Will the current theme still be the default for mobile users?

Button Copy 2 will be the default theme for all users. However, the revised theme will be based on the current theme (i.e. it's basically the current theme with different colors), so it will behave the same way as the current theme does, and not like the original Button Copy. (If, after all that, you prefer the current theme as it is, that will be available as an option.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.