Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

I-11 PEL Study for Las Vegas

(1/6) > >>

brad2971:
https://www.dot.nv.gov/Home/Components/News/News/7551/395

Looks like Nevada DOT is going with the I-515/US95 path through Downtown Las Vegas. Which makes me wonder if, before NDOT embarks on the Downtown Access Project, they'll seek more federal funding for that project due to the I-11 designation.

pderocco:
I wonder if they'll just re-sign I-515 as I-11, and leave NW US-95 alone for now. It would be odd to call that piece I-11 at least until the entire beltway is adopted as I-215.

brad2971:

--- Quote from: pderocco on June 23, 2022, 01:45:57 AM ---I wonder if they'll just re-sign I-515 as I-11, and leave NW US-95 alone for now. It would be odd to call that piece I-11 at least until the entire beltway is adopted as I-215.

--- End quote ---

The thing is, NDOT and Clark County Public Works aren't that far away from adopting the entire beltway as I-215. The northeast junction of I-15/CC-215 will likely be done before year's end, and CC-215 will probably be on its main lanes through the Centennial Bowl by then as well.

The Ghostbuster:
I am glad the Nevada DOT chose to route Interstate 11 along Interstate 515 and US 95 though the Las Vegas Area. Routing 11 along Interstate/Clark County 215 didn't make sense to me (although if the Western Alternative Corridor/Sheep Mountain Option were built, I would support numbering it Interstate 211). At least in this case, common sense prevailed!

BlueOutback7:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 23, 2022, 12:33:07 PM ---I am glad the Nevada DOT chose to route Interstate 11 along Interstate 515 and US 95 though the Las Vegas Area. Routing 11 along Interstate/Clark County 215 didn't make sense to me (although if the Western Alternative Corridor/Sheep Mountain Option were built, I would support numbering it Interstate 211). At least in this case, common sense prevailed!

--- End quote ---

I agree and besides, the 215 number has been in use since 1993. It’s an iconic number for the Las Vegas Valley. My question is that is the US 95 freeway north of I-15 up to Interstate standards yet? If it is, NDOT could post I-11 shields as far north as the Snow Mountain exit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version