News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Former CA 212

Started by Max Rockatansky, July 06, 2022, 07:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

California State Route 212 was a briefly lived post-1964 State Highway Renumbering designation assigned to Valley Boulevard in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.  California State Route 212 was defined as beginning at the east city limit of Los Angeles at the location of the planned Long Beach Freeway and followed Valley Boulevard to Interstate 10 in El Monte.  The origin of California State Route 212 in the State Highway System was part of the interim components used by US Routes 60-70-99 as Ramona Boulevard was being constructed.  The blog cover image is of the 1964 Division of Highways Map which depicted the alignment of California State Route 212. 

https://www.gribblenation.org/2022/07/former-california-state-route-212.html?m=1

andy3175

Was there any evidence SR 212 was signed? Any possibility it was a designated business route for the old US 60-70 or Interstate 10? I believe there was a portion of Valley Boulevard further east that might have been a business loop for I-10, but I may be thinking of Holt Ave/Holt Blvd in Pomona and Ontario.
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: andy3175 on July 11, 2022, 01:26:02 AM
Was there any evidence SR 212 was signed? Any possibility it was a designated business route for the old US 60-70 or Interstate 10? I believe there was a portion of Valley Boulevard further east that might have been a business loop for I-10, but I may be thinking of Holt Ave/Holt Blvd in Pomona and Ontario.

Probably unlikely it was signed as CA 212.  If it was signed as a Business Route it isn't exactly clear, but it is possible.  Valley Boulevard was bypassed by the Ramona Expressway in an era when states weren't really asking the AASHO for permission to designate them.  I never found a reference to a Business Route in the AASHTO database or CHPW.

ClassicHasClass

QuoteI may be thinking of Holt Ave/Holt Blvd in Pomona and Ontario.

Pretty sure you are. I definitely remember BR 10 shields up on it at one stage.

Valley Blvd in Colton also has (old!) BR 10 shields.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.