News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Erroneous road signs

Started by FLRoads, January 20, 2009, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassoon1986

geez...out of 6 words only one is spelled out

agentsteel53

Quote from: bassoon1986 on September 26, 2012, 08:41:55 PM
geez...out of 6 words only one is spelled out

and it's the one which is the least meaningful.  it could be omitted without reducing the value of the sign any further.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

I once knew a girl named Agriexpsta. Or maybe Agnieszka. Those Polish tongue twisters.

national highway 1

"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

Takumi

What a surprise, Petersburg messing up a VA 36 shield.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on September 29, 2012, 04:54:53 PM

THAT CAN BE ON THE MEET! Nah. (:

edit: THAT EXACT CAR IS IN GSV!! (But no sign yet)

Takumi

Quote from: Steve on September 29, 2012, 08:01:56 PM
edit: THAT EXACT CAR IS IN GSV!! (But no sign yet)
I don't take this way home from work much anymore, but I had to head downtown today (or so I thought, the place I was going wasn't open). The sign wasn't there last time I took that route, so it's probably less than a month old.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Brandon

Not only that, they used the wide variety, not the usual square one.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Stratuscaster

Well, technically, Mannheim Road does run N-S there - I've never considered it an error, per se.

More like "dealing with a restricted space/layout, something had to give."

WillWeaverRVA

At least it's an actual shield used in the state of Virginia and not one of the hideous triangles, but still...
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Ace10

Kacie Jane

Wasn't erroneous when it was put up. :D

Ace10

Quote from: Kacie Jane on October 05, 2012, 11:44:24 PMWasn't erroneous when it was put up. :D

I know! I guess WSDOT is getting their full money's worth out of that sign!

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

74/171FAN

For those newer to the forum, I posted the other VA 36 error in this thread over three years ago.  I haven't checked in awhile, but as far as I know the other US 36 sign is still there.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=87.msg30403;topicseen#msg30403
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Takumi

It was as of last month.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

national highway 1

Quote from: Ace10 on October 05, 2012, 11:34:01 PM
Downtown Seattle:

Quote from: Ace10 on October 05, 2012, 11:46:02 PM
Quote from: Kacie Jane on October 05, 2012, 11:44:24 PMWasn't erroneous when it was put up. :D

I know! I guess WSDOT is getting their full money's worth out of that sign!
Is the US 99 sign still existant, pending the demolition of the Alaskan Way viaduct?
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

Ace10

Quote from: national highway 1 on October 07, 2012, 12:18:54 AMIs the US 99 sign still existant, pending the demolition of the Alaskan Way viaduct?

That photo was taken just under one month ago. I don't live in Seattle (though I'm trying to move there!) so I don't know if it's still there as of this moment, but I imagine it would remain until the Viaduct is removed.

I can't remember how I found out about that US 99 shield being on Columbia St, but I'm glad I found out about it before I took my trip up there. I imagine other pictures of it are hard to find, so I hope mine help to preserve what US 99 used to be, much like US 66.

Brandon

Quote from: Stratuscaster on October 01, 2012, 05:18:17 PM
Well, technically, Mannheim Road does run N-S there - I've never considered it an error, per se.

More like "dealing with a restricted space/layout, something had to give."

Very true, and few locals would consider that signs for Mannheim or LaGrange Roads to be erroneous.  At the Ike and the Stevenson, it's all three (12, 20, 45) north or south.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

kphoger

Question:

Is this an error?  To me, the yellow merge sign in the foreground is saying that traffic from the left will be merging into this traffic flow.  But then the yield sign in the background is saying that traffic in this lane will need to merge into the traffic coming from the left.

Or do I interpret the signs incorrectly?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

NE2

http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/htm/2009/part2/part2c.htm#section2C40
It says "on the major roadway", but what if the major roadway yields?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Kacie Jane

I've seen situations where opposite merge signs are placed on each roadway.  I don't think it's necessarily meant to imply yielding, just that a ramp is coming in from the right (or left), and it's not an added lane.  Keep in mind that entrance ramps don't necessarily have yield signs at the end.

Mr_Northside

Quote from: kphoger on October 07, 2012, 08:14:33 AM
Question:

Is this an error?  To me, the yellow merge sign in the foreground is saying that traffic from the left will be merging into this traffic flow.  But then the yield sign in the background is saying that traffic in this lane will need to merge into the traffic coming from the left.

Or do I interpret the signs incorrectly?

It seems kind of erroneous.  Or erroneously placed, it would go well with the adjacent ramp (pre-merge, of course)
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

ibagli

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.