News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

General NBA thread

Started by Roadgeekteen, December 27, 2018, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 08, 2024, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on March 08, 2024, 02:18:03 PM
Quote from: Hunty2022 on December 30, 2023, 09:00:10 PM
The Detroit Pistons won a game for the first time in 2 months. This broke their 28 game losing streak and advanced the team to 3-29.

I don't pay much attention to the NBA, seeing as how I grew up in (and live in) an area without NBA-level basketball. But there's something kind of weird about the Pistons having had a 28-game losing streak yet not, as of this afternoon, having the worst record in the league—the Wizards are presently on a 16-game losing streak and have a worse overall record than Detroit.

And, fun fact, if the Wizards don't win another game for the next 11, they will try to avoid tying the record for most consecutive losses by playing... the Pistons.

Well, this is now moot. The Wizards failed to do their part.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Hunty2022

The Wizards and Spurs are eliminated from playoff contention.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Hunty2022 on March 09, 2024, 12:19:46 PM
To think there was a time, an era not far away when the Spurs was a big powerhouse...

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on March 16, 2024, 01:37:09 PM
Quote from: Hunty2022 on March 09, 2024, 12:19:46 PM
To think there was a time, an era not far away when the Spurs was a big powerhouse...

They'll come again soon enough with Wemby.

The Ghostbuster

Tonight, I am attending my first NBA game in 30 years. I will be at Fiserv Forum watching the Milwaukee Bucks take on the Los Angeles Lakers. I will be attending the game with my uncle. I have had this game marked on my calendar since I got my basketball magazine before the season began. The real reason I'm attending this game is to see my favorite player LeBron James in action, since he is at the tail end of his career. My mother once saw Michael Jordan play, and this may be my last chance to see LeBron James play.

triplemultiplex

I'm enjoying being able to watch a few Bucks games over-the-air this spring, just like ye olden days when they'd put on a few Brewers and Bucks games each season on WMLW.  Perhaps the pending death of regional market sports cable channels has a silver lining.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Henry

Quote from: Hunty2022 on March 09, 2024, 12:19:46 PMThe Wizards and Spurs are eliminated from playoff contention.
Add the Pistons, Hornets, Trail Blazers and Grizzlies to that list.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.