Greetings from the Beautiful Ozarks!

Started by ozarkman417, August 16, 2019, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkman417

Hello there, I am ozarkman417 and I am the only one who I know who is even close to what would be considered a road geek. I have known about AARoads for a few years now but I haven't made an account here until now (I was like 10 at the time, it was for the best). I have been fascinated by the open road for most of my life and I couldn't wait to get behind the wheel when I got my learner's permit about a month ago. So far I have around ten hours of driving in, out if the required forty in Missouri. My first Interstate drive was on I-70 in Kansas. I have also been looking at the history of different roads and highways in my area using Google Earth & old MODOT highway maps. I am in my second year of high school (It feels SO good not to be a Freshman anymore  :-D ) and I am part of my School's Cross Country team.

kevinb1994

Quote from: ozarkman417 on August 16, 2019, 06:31:07 PM
Hello there, I am ozarkman417 and I am the only one who I know who is even close to what would be considered a road geek. I have known about AARoads for a few years now but I haven't made an account here until now (I was like 10 at the time, it was for the best). I have been fascinated by the open road for most of my life and I couldn't wait to get behind the wheel when I got my learner's permit about a month ago. So far I have around ten hours of driving in, out if the required forty in Missouri. My first Interstate drive was on I-70 in Kansas. I have also been looking at the history of different roads and highways in my area using Google Earth & old MODOT highway maps. I am in my second year of high school (It feels SO good not to be a Freshman anymore  :-D ) and I am part of my School's Cross Country team.
Hello from NEFL/SEGA!

adventurernumber1

Welcome from the state of Georgia!  :wave:

I also love looking at old maps as well as the historic google earth satellite to find out what roads were like historically.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

tolbs17

kphoger

Hello from Wichita.  My wife is from Branson.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Welcome from Upstate NY, about 1000 miles northeast of the Ozarks!  :wave:

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Route66Fan

US71

My parents lived in Springfield and I know quite a few folks there from the local SCA/Renaissance group. I don't get to visit the area as much as I used to, though.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.