News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Intersections on municipal boundaries where both cities' street signs are posted

Started by KCRoadFan, November 05, 2023, 01:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRoadFan

This intersection at Johnson Drive and Lowell Street in Johnson County, Kansas - near where I live - straddles the municipal boundary between Merriam and Overland Park, which is evident there because the street signs for both cities - green for Overland Park, blue for Merriam - were installed at the intersection, as can be seen in the linked Street View photo.

That made me wonder: throughout the country, where else have you seen this phenomenon, in which two municipalities that share an intersection both put up their own street signs at the same corner? I'm sure it's a pretty common occurrence.

Road Hog

It's absolutely common because streets form numerous city boundaries.

My experience in the DFW municipal space is the traffic light standards on whichever corner of the intersection that the post is anchored on will carry the city logo and/or proper street name and city block of the land it's anchored on. Cities usually will cooperate in sharing names or blades but TxDOT bats last on those questions.

-- US 175 --

East of US 75, along Stacy Rd. at the Allen-Fairview border (north of Dallas), there are combined street blades, where Fairview's logo is on the Fairview end of the blade and Allen's logo is on Allen's end of the blade.

Here's 1 of them:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8m9fDzfUdfj8Rfpb8

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.