News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Traffic Calming

Started by Duke87, July 05, 2009, 03:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

I think if they installed that in the U.S. it would be vandalized fairly quickly.

What does the sign say? "Obstacle in the way"?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Duke87

Quote from: Chris on July 23, 2009, 07:38:23 AM
This poller makes you wait 3 minutes, then it lets a few vehicles through, and then you have to wait another 3 minutes.

And this is supposed to accomplish... what? :eyebrow:
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Chris

Quote from: Scott5114 on July 23, 2009, 06:35:25 PM
I think if they installed that in the U.S. it would be vandalized fairly quickly.

It was vandalized recently. People hate it.

QuoteWhat does the sign say? "Obstacle in the way"?

Yes

Quote from: Duke87 on July 23, 2009, 06:38:56 PM
And this is supposed to accomplish... what? :eyebrow:

To make people take a 2 mile detour. This road serves a rural area to a new development which has a shopping center. So if you want to get groceries, you have to take a significant detour because some nimby's are afraid of too much traffic in front of their house.

Scott5114

Quote from: Scott5114 on July 23, 2009, 06:35:25 PM

Actually, now that I think about it, if it were installed in Oklahoma or Texas, you would see massive ruts on either side of the poller, as the traffic would just drive thru the ditch in their trucks!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SSOWorld

certainly discourages car use doesn't it? :-D
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.