Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois Tollway Notes

<< < (2/188) > >>

ChiMilNet:

--- Quote from: lucas01aswell on March 22, 2016, 08:46:34 PM ---anymore rember deerfeld toll plaza it wa s traffic hog

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that one was bad news. The open road tolling has made quite a difference at many of them. One that I think the tollway should consider moving is the River Road Toll Plaza on I-90 East. That area is such a bottleneck, and anything the tollway can do to lessen the traffic there would make a world of difference. I know it could cause some complications with having to add plazas on ramps to I-90 East from I-294, but I have to believe there is something they could do about that. I don't know if this is getting into fictional territory...

ILRoad55:

--- Quote from: ChiMilNet on March 22, 2016, 10:20:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: lucas01aswell on March 22, 2016, 08:46:34 PM ---anymore rember deerfeld toll plaza it wa s traffic hog

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that one was bad news. The open road tolling has made quite a difference at many of them. One that I think the tollway should consider moving is the River Road Toll Plaza on I-90 East. That area is such a bottleneck, and anything the tollway can do to lessen the traffic there would make a world of difference. I know it could cause some complications with having to add plazas on ramps to I-90 East from I-294, but I have to believe there is something they could do about that. I don't know if this is getting into fictional territory...

--- End quote ---

That might be impossible, if you move one toll, it will affect another. I don't know if this is going to be any help to I-90 east, but IDOT is planning to do a project named the Cumberland Flyover, http://www.idot.illinois.gov/projects/Cumberland-Flyover-Project

ET21:
Now that is badly needed. Cumberland needs something newer than the current ramp system and the Kennedy can't handle the bad merging situation there.

A what-if scenario: what if there wasn't an exit there? would we still have the bad merging problems?

dzlsabe:
Yes?

Joe The Dragon:

--- Quote from: ET21 on March 28, 2016, 11:05:22 PM ---Now that is badly needed. Cumberland needs something newer than the current ramp system and the Kennedy can't handle the bad merging situation there.

A what-if scenario: what if there wasn't an exit there? would we still have the bad merging problems?

--- End quote ---

Needs to be wider down stream in to the city. The flyover can help a bit.

any one have the plans for the I-190 widening? Going in to the airport?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version