News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NS-102 NS-111 conection

Started by dvferyance, July 12, 2016, 05:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

It would make sense to me that these 2 highways should connect. There is only a small gap in between. Any plans in the works to connect these 2 highways into one?

froggie

Likely not going to happen.  You have city, cemetery, and a rail yard in the way.

dvferyance

Quote from: froggie on July 13, 2016, 01:35:46 PM
Likely not going to happen.  You have city, cemetery, and a rail yard in the way.
You could always tunnel it.

7/8

I'd be curious to hear from a local on whether or not it's needed. Maybe the current traffic isn't too bad?

Alps

I could be wrong, but I believe I saw old plans to extend 111 around the south side of Halifax and tie into 102/103 interchange. I saw this a few years ago and it dates to many years before that. Never looked closely at plans inside the city.

yakra

There's 102 & 111 signage downtown to guide motorists from one route to the other, although not officially part of the routes.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.