AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The forum just turned ten years old! Where has all the time gone?

Author Topic: Honest question  (Read 2828 times)

• UMass Lowell student

• Last Login: Today at 05:18:15 PM
    • Flickr account
Re: Honest question
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2017, 10:11:17 AM »

If people had manually modified your posts, there would be a 'last edited by' line at the bottom.  If you don't see that, then it hasn't been manually modified by any Admins/Mods, or even yourself.

Now, could a mod have added a word filter that affects the whole forum whenever somebody posts a word? Yes.  That wouldn't cause the forum to get tagged with the 'last edited by' line.  However, we will not confirm or deny what words may be on that list.
I have nothing against US71, as he has done nothing to me. I was clearly being sarcastic.

I don't really care, I just found it humorous to come check replies to this thread and find some interesting modifications...

Not everyone's computers is equipped with the sarcasm font, so you may have to start letting people know who are bereft of this feature.

</sarcasm>

I mentioned this in another thread, but maybe [sarcasm] and [/sarcasm] should be "censored" into formatting tags similar to the current Tapatalk messages.

Example: [sarcasm] Thanks. [/sarcasm] → Thanks.

(Colors to be avoided: purple (moderator), red (/me), and anything too close to white or light green.)
Clinched

Traveled, plus:
US ⒉⒔50
MA ⒐22.40.99.10⒎10⒐1⒒1⒚127.141.159
NH 27,111A; NY 366; GA 42,140; FL A1A; CT 32

Flickr

TheArkansasRoadgeek

• The Dude

• Last Login: April 22, 2019, 03:47:35 PM
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2017, 10:21:38 AM »

If people had manually modified your posts, there would be a 'last edited by' line at the bottom.  If you don't see that, then it hasn't been manually modified by any Admins/Mods, or even yourself.

Now, could a mod have added a word filter that affects the whole forum whenever somebody posts a word? Yes.  That wouldn't cause the forum to get tagged with the 'last edited by' line.  However, we will not confirm or deny what words may be on that list.
I have nothing against US71, as he has done nothing to me. I was clearly being sarcastic.

I don't really care, I just found it humorous to come check replies to this thread and find some interesting modifications...

Not everyone's computers is equipped with the sarcasm font, so you may have to start letting people know who are bereft of this feature.

</sarcasm>
Oops, sorry... :banghead:
Will do! :thumbsup:  :D
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Sign Inspector

• Last Login: Today at 07:30:51 AM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2017, 01:45:20 PM »

I mentioned this in another thread, but maybe [sarcasm] and [/sarcasm] should be "censored" into formatting tags similar to the current Tapatalk messages.

Example: [sarcasm] Thanks. [/sarcasm] → Thanks.

(Colors to be avoided: purple (moderator), red (/me), and anything too close to white or light green.)

I like using blue.

On Fakebook, I usually shorthand </s>
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:07:09 PM by US71 »
a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest -- Simon & Garfunkel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.