AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New interchange for I-71 & US 36?  (Read 17602 times)

Hot Rod Hootenanny

• Diplomat of Solid Sound

• Last Login: May 18, 2019, 11:33:55 PM
    • 20th Century roadfan material
Re: New interchange for I-71 & US 36?
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 11:25:57 PM »

Another meeting, for July 11 at Northgate Church (west of Sunbury).
http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D06/projects/71/Pages/default.aspx
SAVE AAROADS!! ONLY TALK ABOUT ROADS!

Hot Rod Hootenanny

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 09:00:03 AM »

vtk

• she pronouns please

• Last Login: February 28, 2019, 12:04:31 PM
    • Vid's Space
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 07:54:49 AM »

I stopped by for a few minutes.  I'm pretty sure there was no new information presented; they were just explaining things to the muggles and giving people a chance to comment on-record.  All the exhibits looked like what I've already seen on the web.
Look, over by the restrooms! It's a girl! It's a boy! No, it's Captain Enby!

…Do you think they're trying to decide which one to use?

Hot Rod Hootenanny

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 10:25:35 PM »

I stopped by for a few minutes.  I'm pretty sure there was no new information presented; they were just explaining things to the muggles and giving people a chance to comment on-record.  All the exhibits looked like what I've already seen on the web.
Yep. It is a fait compleit. I thought 36/37 would be rerouted onto Sunbury Pkwy, but the consultants there claimed it would not. They also mentioned that there are plans afoot to limit access along 36/37, between Alum Creek & Delaware. Their priority is to get driveways off of 36/37 and construct service roads (like 161 between Busch Blvd and 3-C) to collect traffic.
BTW, VTK, did you notice the (semi-) abandoned service road at the entrance to the church (where the meeting was held)?

vtk

• she pronouns please

• Last Login: February 28, 2019, 12:04:31 PM
    • Vid's Space
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2017, 09:23:05 PM »

Yep. It is a fait compleit. I thought 36/37 would be rerouted onto Sunbury Pkwy, but the consultants there claimed it would not. They also mentioned that there are plans afoot to limit access along 36/37, between Alum Creek & Delaware. Their priority is to get driveways off of 36/37 and construct service roads (like 161 between Busch Blvd and 3-C) to collect traffic.
BTW, VTK, did you notice the (semi-) abandoned service road at the entrance to the church (where the meeting was held)?

I suspect, despite what you say was said at the meeting, that 36/37 will be routed on the new roadway and the existing roadway will either be OH 436 or revert to Delaware County.  I did notice that Longhorn Dr there, but I didn't think it was particularly interesting at the time.
Look, over by the restrooms! It's a girl! It's a boy! No, it's Captain Enby!

…Do you think they're trying to decide which one to use?

Hot Rod Hootenanny

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »

They also mentioned that there are plans afoot to limit access along 36/37, between Alum Creek & Delaware. Their priority is to get driveways off of 36/37 and construct service roads (like 161 between Busch Blvd and 3-C) to collect traffic.
I did notice that Longhorn Dr there, but I didn't think it was particularly interesting at the time.
I mention it because that would be an example of how ODOT/County would be routing access off of 36/37 in the future (whenever that will be)

Hot Rod Hootenanny

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 11:35:49 PM »

More meetings concerning the entire 36-37 megaplex in Delaware County. These will be conducted by county officials however (not ODOT)
http://www.delgazette.com/news/61729/delaware-county-seeks-input-on-3637-corridor-development

First public meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 3 at Berkshire Township Hall, 1454 Rome Corners Road, Galena.
Second will take place at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 5 at Berlin Township Hall, 3271 Cheshire Road, Delaware.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 07:36:29 PM »

The slow process of acquiring funding for the new interchange begins.
http://www.delgazette.com/news/64926/trac-approves-10-million-for-i-71-project

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.