AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The forum just turned ten years old! Where has all the time gone?

Author Topic: AR 220 Finally Paved  (Read 515 times)

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Sign Inspector

• Last Login: April 22, 2019, 04:25:20 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
AR 220 Finally Paved
« on: March 30, 2018, 08:14:34 PM »

ARDOT has finally finished paving AR 220 between Lee Creek and Devils Den State Park It looks like it was just finished in the last week or two. Crews were out today putting up guardrails, but the road hasn't been striped yet, nor are there many signs. The new bridge over Ellis Creek is still closed off, forcing motorists to use the old one-lane bridge
The pavement also looks thin and cheap, so I don't know if they will add another layer. The first section paved just north of Lee Creek has already been patched in several places.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 08:19:23 PM by US71 »
a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest -- Simon & Garfunkel

TheArkansasRoadgeek

• The Dude

• Last Login: April 22, 2019, 03:47:35 PM
AR 220 Finally Paved
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 08:32:52 PM »

ARDOT has finally finished paving AR 220 between Lee Creek and Devils Den State Park It looks like it was just finished in the last week or two. Crews were out today putting up guardrails, but the road hasn't been striped yet, nor are there many signs. The new bridge over Ellis Creek is still closed off, forcing motorists to use the old one-lane bridge
The pavement also looks thin and cheap, so I don't know if they will add another layer. The first section paved just north of Lee Creek has already been patched in several places.
The paving 255 received has to be only about two and a half years now and it is already back to shit and the Department told me it should last upwards of 10 to 20 years! So, I wouldn’t put it past’em.

iPhone
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Sign Inspector

• Last Login: April 22, 2019, 04:25:20 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
Re: AR 220 Finally Paved
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »

The paving 255 received has to be only about two and a half years now and it is already back to shit and the Department told me it should last upwards of 10 to 20 years! So, I wouldn’t put it past’em.

iPhone

"Lowest bidder"
a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest -- Simon & Garfunkel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.