News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

May the 4th lanes be with you

Started by wxfree, May 04, 2018, 05:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wxfree

This is about roads, but I put it here because it's more about advertising.  I'm not a fan of Star Wars, but to me this is some of the best advertising I've ever seen.  I don't have a question or topic for discussion, but I think this deserves to be seen.  A Facebook account is not required to view the video.  Just scroll down or hit "not now."

https://www.facebook.com/NorthTexasTollwayAuthority/videos/10156212910662412/
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

oscar

As I just noted over in Traffic Control, VDOT has at least one "May the 4th Be With You" VMS, on WB I-66 in Arlington and perhaps elsewhere.

No explicit Star Wars tie-in. Also, this message is tied closely to today's date, so it has a really short shelf life.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

abefroman329

Apparently there was a fake flight display monitor at Heathrow today for flights to various points in the Star Trek galaxy. My personal favorite was the fact that the flight to Alderaan was cancelled.

Bruce

1995hoo

Quote from: oscar on May 04, 2018, 05:26:29 PM
As I just noted over in Traffic Control, VDOT has at least one "May the 4th Be With You" VMS, on WB I-66 in Arlington and perhaps elsewhere.

No explicit Star Wars tie-in. Also, this message is tied closely to today's date, so it has a really short shelf life.

I mentioned in the "Virginia"  thread that the same message was on I-395. I was surprised because VDOT isn't normally one to post humor.

Here's the Heathrow screen:

(Edited to fix a typo)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

abefroman329

Continuing the misconception that a parsec is a measurement of time and not distance, I see.

[/pedant]

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.