Poll

Here are the dates (all Saturdays) I have in mind for this meet-

April 6
- 1 (12.5%)
April 13
- 7 (87.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 08, 2019, 12:10:47 PM

Author Topic: Memphis Road Meet\ checking out the new I-269 April 2019  (Read 5263 times)

cjk374

• The road less travelled is well worn under my feet

• Last Login: Today at 08:24:13 AM
Re: Memphis Road Meet\ checking out the new I-269 April 2019
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2019, 10:00:31 PM »

In case anyone was curious about the miles I drove for this meet:

Friday:  360 miles to get from Louisiana to Memphis (US 165/AR 1/US 79/AR 50 (detoured to see Simsboro, AR)/AR 147/I-40/I-55/US 61 to my motel in Tunica, MS. Add about 90 more miles for the round trip to B.B. King's Blues Club on Beale St. and my total for Friday comes out to 450 miles.

Saturday: For the whole tour...which included me losing the group and getting lost twice like a big dummy  :pan:  :banghead: , I drove 270 miles.

Sunday: My daughter wanted to go to KY & MO so she could add two new states to her "I've been there" list. Went into the Missouri bootheel, then to the lonesome KY enclave. I wanted to ride the Hickman ferry to go back to Missouri, but my daughter was scared of riding a boat. Well, this created the need to go to US 51, stop at Wickliffe to see the Cross at the Confluence, and go over the river crossings at Cairo. So now my daughter got to go into a 3rd new state. So all of that, a stop at Lambert's in Sikeston, and clinching all of future I-57 on the way home brought Sunday's mileage to 727 miles.

Grand total for the meet: 1447 miles
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

mattpedersen

• Last Login: April 16, 2019, 11:58:54 PM
Re: Memphis Road Meet\ checking out the new I-269 April 2019
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2019, 11:51:21 PM »

I wish I had more time clearance on Sunday to meet up with you at the Kentucky Bend, but I was super paranoid about missing the only flight back to Baltimore.

In case anyone was curious about the miles I drove for this meet:

Friday:  360 miles to get from Louisiana to Memphis (US 165/AR 1/US 79/AR 50 (detoured to see Simsboro, AR)/AR 147/I-40/I-55/US 61 to my motel in Tunica, MS. Add about 90 more miles for the round trip to B.B. King's Blues Club on Beale St. and my total for Friday comes out to 450 miles.

Saturday: For the whole tour...which included me losing the group and getting lost twice like a big dummy  :pan:  :banghead: , I drove 270 miles.

Sunday: My daughter wanted to go to KY & MO so she could add two new states to her "I've been there" list. Went into the Missouri bootheel, then to the lonesome KY enclave. I wanted to ride the Hickman ferry to go back to Missouri, but my daughter was scared of riding a boat. Well, this created the need to go to US 51, stop at Wickliffe to see the Cross at the Confluence, and go over the river crossings at Cairo. So now my daughter got to go into a 3rd new state. So all of that, a stop at Lambert's in Sikeston, and clinching all of future I-57 on the way home brought Sunday's mileage to 727 miles.

Grand total for the meet: 1447 miles

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.