AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shows That could have been Faves if the network did not cancel them  (Read 2705 times)

D-Dey65

• Last Login: December 07, 2019, 12:33:14 AM
Re: Shows That could have been Faves if the network did not cancel them
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2018, 12:39:43 PM »

It was an awful day when jumptheshark.com was sold to TV Guide and all of their pages disappeared. Plenty of shows since then missed out on well-deserved jump the shark treatment. I didn't follow The Office regularly, but the Big Bang Theory is another show that's dragged on too long.
At least many of the old pages can still be saved on Internet Archives... and have been already.

bandit957

• A natural gas bunk!

• Last Login: Today at 10:58:25 PM
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2018, 03:20:21 PM »

'Sesame Street' jumped the shark when they got "Elmo's World."
The highway to not having your teeth fall out...

Number of remaining teeth: https://goo.gl/maps/dgsWdCme9s72

wanderer2575

• Last Login: December 02, 2019, 11:52:41 PM
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2018, 04:50:23 PM »

Big Bang Theory … Young Sheldon

Appropriate entries for a thread titled "Awful shows that should have been canceled but weren't."
Seconded.
Thirded.

I am perhaps the only person in America who has seen a couple episodes each of Seinfeld, South Park, The Simpsons, and Big Bang Theory, and disliked all of them.  Seinfeld had some funny stuff but the characters were such jerks that I couldn't enjoy it.  The others to me are just hands-down unfunny.

paulthemapguy

• That's not how it works...

• Last Login: Today at 11:55:42 AM
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2018, 05:08:13 PM »

The Dana Carvey Show.  It only lasted like 5-6 episodes before it was cut.  Look for the original episodes on Youtube.  They're downright hilarious.  You also get to see a young Steve Carell and a young Stephen Colbert in action.
Alas, the world wasn’t ready for a sketch featuring Bill Clinton nursing a puppy during primetime on network television.

Is this really the reason it was cancelled?  That would be a really stupid reason.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmhQf3nW
Source Photos https://flic.kr/s/aHskFU42pF
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

Let's make the forum space a good time for everyone.

Tonytone

• Last Login: Today at 11:16:28 PM
    • LawnCare Website
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »

The Dana Carvey Show.  It only lasted like 5-6 episodes before it was cut.  Look for the original episodes on Youtube.  They're downright hilarious.  You also get to see a young Steve Carell and a young Stephen Colbert in action.
Alas, the world wasn’t ready for a sketch featuring Bill Clinton nursing a puppy during primetime on network television.

Is this really the reason it was cancelled?  That would be a really stupid reason.
Are you shocked? Im surprised the Colbert show & the jon stweart show made it this far, even with the new people.

iPhone
Working on Civil Engineer Degree/Creator of Valuez Lawn-Care

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: Today at 04:27:21 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »

I am perhaps the only person in America who has seen a couple episodes each of Seinfeld, South Park, The Simpsons, and Big Bang Theory, and disliked all of them.  Seinfeld had some funny stuff but the characters were such jerks that I couldn't enjoy it.  The others to me are just hands-down unfunny.

I never could stand Seinfeld, nor did I get the attraction for it. I also never became a fan of South Park. I liked The Simpsons at first but it got old quick. And I'm indifferent to Big Bang.

Are you shocked? Im surprised the Colbert show & the jon stweart show made it this far, even with the new people.

I'm sure my opinion of those two douchebags will come as no surprise to anyone here.

abefroman329

• Last Login: April 29, 2019, 05:55:26 PM
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2018, 05:51:28 PM »

I don’t know the reason or reasons why it was canceled, but several people involved with the show think it was a bad idea. And that they should have listened to the network when they were advised not to do it.

And, to be clear, the issue wasn’t that it was Bill Clinton. Any man would’ve been equally controversial.

Tonytone

• Last Login: Today at 11:16:28 PM
    • LawnCare Website
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2018, 05:53:56 PM »

I never could stand Seinfeld, nor did I get the attraction for it. I also never became a fan of South Park. I liked The Simpsons at first but it got old quick. And I'm indifferent to Big Bang.

I'm sure my opinion of those two douchebags will come as no surprise to anyone here.
Id be mad to, if the jokes they were exposing, had something to do with me & the people that “I look up to” seems like People cant handle the truths of what they are doing to other people. Thats America for you.

iPhone
Working on Civil Engineer Degree/Creator of Valuez Lawn-Care

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 09:58:21 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2018, 06:29:46 PM »

This was headed down a bad road the moment the word "That" was capitalized.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.