News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Highway Thru Hell Season 7

Started by roadman, November 18, 2018, 11:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman

Does anybody have word on when The Weather Channel will begin showing Season 7 of Highway Thru Hell?  There was a person who was posting the Discovery Canada broadcasts on YouTube briefly, but they've all been taken down or replaced with "false" posts.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Chris

You can still get them the old-fashioned way (torrents).

I must say Season 7 is entertaining so far. They also featured some new faces and a new team (Reliable Towing in Merrit, halfway the Coquihalla). Over the years the show has become less focused on Jamie Davis, probably because they don't get as many wrecks as they used to in first seasons due to increased competition. So far in season 7, Jamie Davis has sold his last modern wreckers, relying on older, paid-for equipment. I understand those monthly payments on a heavy wrecker or rotator are very high and most of the year there just isn't enough work for them to make it profitable. Though the Aggressive Towing team did get a new rotator.

I used to watch Ice Road Truckers, the last couple of seasons focused on the Manitoba ice roads, but that show became repetitive to me, and much of the action and suspense is staged, as opposed to Highway Thru Hell which keeps it more real (I suppose they're not going to crash a $ 150,000 vehicle just for one episode).

AsphaltPlanet

I've always wondered how much of the demise of Jamie Davis' demise is directly due to the attention to how much money he was making operating on the Coke.  I wonder if some of his competition was generated as a direct result from the show.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

SectorZ

I miss that show. I have Verizon FIOS, which dropped the weather channel a few years back. While I was overall supportive of that, I missed that show. Dumb that Discovery won't just show it in this country, too, but I guess fake moonshine manufacturers, two gold shows, and fake drag racers are a higher priority.

I also tried the route of watching it via 'illicit' methods, but it seems the only sites that work without attempting to trash your computer's defenses are becoming few and far between.

Chris

Production has already started on Season 8:

[tweet]1064571659062050816[/tweet]

roadman

Quote from: Chris on November 18, 2018, 01:39:34 PM

I must say Season 7 is entertaining so far. They also featured some new faces and a new team (Reliable Towing in Merrit, halfway the Coquihalla). Over the years the show has become less focused on Jamie Davis, probably because they don't get as many wrecks as they used to in first seasons due to increased competition. So far in season 7, Jamie Davis has sold his last modern wreckers, relying on older, paid-for equipment. I understand those monthly payments on a heavy wrecker or rotator are very high and most of the year there just isn't enough work for them to make it profitable. Though the Aggressive Towing team did get a new rotator.

I used to watch Ice Road Truckers, the last couple of seasons focused on the Manitoba ice roads, but that show became repetitive to me, and much of the action and suspense is staged, as opposed to Highway Thru Hell which keeps it more real (I suppose they're not going to crash a $ 150,000 vehicle just for one episode).
I lost interest in Ice Road Truckers the season after they left the Dalton for good.  The VP/Polar rivalry was just too staged.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

02 Park Ave

Season 3 has been shown on the National Geographic channel recently.
C-o-H

jakeroot

Seasons 1 - 5 are on Netflix (in the US) if anyone is unaware.

The show is still listed on Weather Group's website, but I have a hunch they dropped the show. No announcement and well over a month after usual season airing date. Since Discovery owns 20% of Discovery Canada, they very could pick up the show in the future.

OT: The Silver Chalice Pub just down from JDT's headquarters in Hope has killer burgers.

texaskdog

Quote from: roadman on November 19, 2018, 04:48:40 PM
Quote from: Chris on November 18, 2018, 01:39:34 PM

I lost interest in Ice Road Truckers the season after they left the Dalton for good.  The VP/Polar rivalry was just too staged.

Yes it was interesting in the beginning but they felt their had to be competition so they had the jacket.  But yes the whole thing is staged now, and not the same without Hugh.

roadman

Quote from: jakeroot on November 21, 2018, 02:05:05 AM
The show is still listed on Weather Group's website, but I have a hunch they dropped the show. No announcement and well over a month after usual season airing date.

Weather Channel is still showing reruns of Seasons 4 through 6, so they haven't dropped the show entirely.

jakeroot

Quote from: roadman on November 26, 2018, 12:22:33 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on November 21, 2018, 02:05:05 AM
The show is still listed on Weather Group's website, but I have a hunch they dropped the show. No announcement and well over a month after usual season airing date.

Weather Channel is still showing reruns of Seasons 4 through 6, so they haven't dropped the show entirely.

They may have rights to syndication for those seasons, but no contract for the current season.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.