AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: That time in the early 2000s when a lot of foods tasted like soap  (Read 601 times)

abefroman329

• Last Login: April 29, 2019, 05:55:26 PM
Re: That time in the early 2000s when a lot of foods tasted like soap
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2018, 07:19:46 PM »

I did try shave butter once, but it was translucent, so I couldnít tell where Iíd already shaved. Iíll stick with Barbasol shaving cream for now. I donít like that shaving gel business they started selling about 20 years ago, either.

Hmmm, I hadn't heard of shave butter before.  I wonder if you can cook with it...
You could try...

Itís a product that Dollar Shave Club sells and they sent me a free sample. The consistency is like a thin lotion.

Also, Iím old enough now that, when I go clean-shaven, I have to apply a moisturizer after I shave so I donít have dry skin flaking off my face.

kphoger

• Last Login: May 24, 2019, 10:57:37 PM
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2018, 07:33:03 PM »

Dollar Shave Club

Ah, the Dollar Shave Club.  Not my kind of thing.  I switched to more traditional shaving products because I was sick of spending so much money on cartridges and shaving goo.  I use a razor blade six times before putting it in the bin, and I shave roughly once every five days, so that works out to roughly one razor blade every 30 days.  Let's round up quite a bit and also account for the times I use a blade only once (on a trip), and say I use 20 razor blades a year.  I can buy them for about $20 per hundred, so that works out to my buying razor blades once every five years, at an average cost of $4 per year for blades.  A stick or Arko costs about $3 and can easily last me a year.  Long story short:  I have no need of a service that sends stuff to me once a month.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.

abefroman329

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2018, 07:35:23 PM »

Dollar Shave Club

Ah, the Dollar Shave Club.  Not my kind of thing.  I switched to more traditional shaving products because I was sick of spending so much money on cartridges and shaving goo.  I use a razor blade six times before putting it in the bin, and I shave roughly once every five days, so that works out to roughly one razor blade every 30 days.  Let's round up quite a bit and also account for the times I use a blade only once (on a trip), and say I use 20 razor blades a year.  I can buy them for about $20 per hundred, so that works out to my buying razor blades once every five years, at an average cost of $4 per year for blades.  A stick or Arko costs about $3 and can easily last me a year.  Long story short:  I have no need of a service that sends stuff to me once a month.
I ended up collecting a bunch and deactivating my account. That had to have been over a year ago. When I have a beard, I only shave once a week. When Iím clean-shaven, ideally three, but usually just two.

Roadgeekteen

• Interstates everywhere to everything

• Last Login: Today at 10:55:12 AM
    • Interstate plans
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2018, 07:51:37 PM »

I'm definitely not trying shaving cream.
I'm a young roadgeek who has been interested in roads since I was a little kid.

Brandon

• Mr. Accelerator is our friend; Mr. Brake is not.

• Last Login: Today at 10:35:17 AM
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

Illinois: America's own banana republic.

Screw the KSA; Stand with Canada.

abefroman329

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2018, 08:04:41 PM »

I'm definitely not trying shaving cream.
No need to worry about it till you get facial hair.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.