AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Delaware  (Read 303416 times)

froggie

• Last Login: Today at 02:59:05 PM
    • Froggie's Place
Re: Delaware
« Reply #1325 on: April 18, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »

^ It's safer for those at the overpass location.  It's those folks a few miles upstream or downstream of the overpass who now have a more dangerous crossing because the elimination of the signal eliminates gaps in traffic.  In this case, it would make the Route 5 intersection and the junctions down by the Eagle Crest Airport (and everyone who lives in between) more problematic.

Tonytone

• Last Login: Today at 12:17:53 PM
    • LawnCare Website
« Reply #1326 on: April 18, 2019, 11:25:02 AM »

^ It's safer for those at the overpass location.  It's those folks a few miles upstream or downstream of the overpass who now have a more dangerous crossing because the elimination of the signal eliminates gaps in traffic.  In this case, it would make the Route 5 intersection and the junctions down by the Eagle Crest Airport (and everyone who lives in between) more problematic.
If thats the case they can build over pass bridges that cross the highway like they do everywhere else. Is that to much to do? They did it on I-95 60 years ago & they did it on the New 301 in present time.

iPhone
Working on Civil Engineer Degree/Creator of Valuez Lawn-Care

odditude

• Last Login: Today at 05:36:16 PM
« Reply #1327 on: April 18, 2019, 11:31:01 AM »

If thats the case they can build over pass bridges that cross the highway like they do everywhere else. Is that to much to do? They did it on I-95 60 years ago & they did it on the New 301 in present time.
again, there's significant cost involved.

Tonytone

• LawnCare Website
« Reply #1328 on: April 18, 2019, 11:35:55 AM »

again, there's significant cost involved.
So we are already building a highway right? The people in the area that you want to compromise with in order to build the highway want a way to get over the highway safely & effectively, but taking a couple more planning days & earning more budget to do the project correctly is not worth the money &/ time spent.

This is why Deldot fails at getting stuff done. It all is starting to make sense. Its the residents & deldot who wont compromise. Who woulda thought.

Atleast the highway is getting closer to being finished.

iPhone

froggie

• Last Login: Today at 02:59:05 PM
    • Froggie's Place
« Reply #1329 on: April 18, 2019, 11:41:05 AM »

^^^ There's a huge difference you're completely ignoring.  I-95 and the New 301 were new-construction/new-alignment projects.  Route 1 south of Milford (really south of Little Heaven) is an existing, long-established roadway with homes, businesses, and private driveways all along it.  You can't just ramrod interchanges and overpasses along such a roadway without planning, accommodation, property purchase, mitigation, or funding.  But you seem to think it's DelDOT's failure that they haven't.

sprjus4

• Last Login: Today at 06:24:43 PM
« Reply #1330 on: April 18, 2019, 11:45:19 AM »

^^^ There's a huge difference you're completely ignoring.  I-95 and the New 301 were new-construction/new-alignment projects.  Route 1 south of Milford (really south of Little Heaven) is an existing, long-established roadway with homes, businesses, and private driveways all along it.  You can't just ramrod interchanges and overpasses along such a roadway without planning, accommodation, property purchase, mitigation, or funding.  But you seem to think it's DelDOT's failure that they haven't.
How about DelDOT launch a study to evaluate upgrading DE-1 to interstate standards, or constructing that new alignment? I'm not saying that's the option they should choose, but it should at least be considered to get a cost estimate.

Also, if safety is an issue, R-CUTS can be used, and other innovative intersections, if a full freeway is not warranted.

Tonytone

• LawnCare Website
« Reply #1331 on: April 18, 2019, 11:46:16 AM »

^^^ There's a huge difference you're completely ignoring.  I-95 and the New 301 were new-construction/new-alignment projects.  Route 1 south of Milford (really south of Little Heaven) is an existing, long-established roadway with homes, businesses, and private driveways all along it.
Yes & also there are many stretches where it is just trees and farm fields. But maybe if they create these new overpasses over the highway it will cause new roads to be built & then the infamous home builders will start breathing down deldots neck. So I can understand they dont want to do that.

But people are complaining Nimbys are 75% why projects get canceled alot of times & its a shame to see. Is it hard to have a simple highway from the Christiana mall to the beaches. That should have been completed.

iPhone

sprjus4

• Last Login: Today at 06:24:43 PM
« Reply #1332 on: April 18, 2019, 12:20:03 PM »

^^^ There's a huge difference you're completely ignoring.  I-95 and the New 301 were new-construction/new-alignment projects.  Route 1 south of Milford (really south of Little Heaven) is an existing, long-established roadway with homes, businesses, and private driveways all along it.
Yes & also there are many stretches where it is just trees and farm fields. But maybe if they create these new overpasses over the highway it will cause new roads to be built & then the infamous home builders will start breathing down deldots neck. So I can understand they dont want to do that.

But people are complaining Nimbys are 75% why projects get canceled alot of times & its a shame to see. Is it hard to have a simple highway from the Christiana mall to the beaches. That should have been completed.

iPhone
Completely agree on the NIMBYs causing issues. They were the ones who prevented US-301 from getting upgraded between DE-1 and Maryland to interstate standards. Now, only spot improvements proposed like DE-1 is getting.

Tonytone

• LawnCare Website
« Reply #1333 on: May 02, 2019, 09:45:04 PM »

Delaware Memorial Bridge Toll is now officially @$5

iPhone

74/171FAN

• Last Login: Today at 05:33:59 PM
« Reply #1334 on: May 02, 2019, 09:49:10 PM »

iPhone

The below link shows the new toll rates.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/05/01/delaware-memorial-bridge-toll-rates-to-increase-may-1/
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Tonytone

• LawnCare Website
« Reply #1335 on: May 02, 2019, 10:45:50 PM »

iPhone

The below link shows the new toll rates.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/05/01/delaware-memorial-bridge-toll-rates-to-increase-may-1/
Oh my goodness, are those discounts I see for Ezpass & frequent travelers. I thought discounts were a myth nowadays.

iPhone

74/171FAN

• Last Login: Today at 05:33:59 PM
« Reply #1336 on: May 07, 2019, 04:24:46 PM »

A public workshop on the planned relocation of US 9 TRUCK in Georgetown will be on May 28th.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

ipeters61

• Highway Safety Analyst

• Last Login: Today at 06:38:50 PM
    • Personal Website
« Reply #1337 on: May 14, 2019, 11:06:35 PM »

DelDOT secretary Jennifer Cohan wrote into the Cape Gazette regarding the proposed grade separations on Route 1 (specifically at Route 16): https://www.capegazette.com/article/deldot-makes-data-driven-decisions/180270
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Why I don't use GPS

ipeters61

• Highway Safety Analyst

• Last Login: Today at 06:38:50 PM
    • Personal Website
« Reply #1338 on: May 18, 2019, 10:59:14 AM »

Some photos from today's ribbon cutting of the DE-1/DE-14 interchange in Milford.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Why I don't use GPS

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.