Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois interesting bid annoucements

<< < (29/31) > >>

paulthemapguy:

--- Quote from: Brandon on February 05, 2019, 02:20:24 PM ---IDOT, if they're smart (big if here), should post two alternates for I-55:
1. IL-47 to I-80
2. IL-53

--- End quote ---

I heartily agree with both of these.  N River Road (Exit 241) is a heavily traveled truck route that lots of trucks will like to use as an alternate, but it's a county road.  IDOT will almost always post detours that use exclusively state roads, though.  I think I recall seeing the I-80/IL-47 posted as an alternate for another project on a nearby stretch of I-55 in the recent past (perhaps the Arsenal interchange or the I-55 Des Plaines bridges).

Revive 755:

--- Quote from: paulthemapguy on February 05, 2019, 04:29:05 PM ---I think I recall seeing the I-80/IL-47 posted as an alternate for another project on a nearby stretch of I-55 in the recent past (perhaps the Arsenal interchange or the I-55 Des Plaines bridges).
--- End quote ---

IL 47 and I-80 were added as a marked alternate partway through the last round of work on I-55's Des Plaines River Bridges a few years ago.

IL 53 may not work as an alternate since there are also projects for working on I-80 at the Des Plaines River on the March 2019 Letting.  Now if that supposed toll river bridge for Houbolt Road would be built one of these days . . .

paulthemapguy:

--- Quote from: Revive 755 on February 06, 2019, 10:07:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: paulthemapguy on February 05, 2019, 04:29:05 PM ---I think I recall seeing the I-80/IL-47 posted as an alternate for another project on a nearby stretch of I-55 in the recent past (perhaps the Arsenal interchange or the I-55 Des Plaines bridges).
--- End quote ---

IL 47 and I-80 were added as a marked alternate partway through the last round of work on I-55's Des Plaines River Bridges a few years ago.

IL 53 may not work as an alternate since there are also projects for working on I-80 at the Des Plaines River on the March 2019 Letting.  Now if that supposed toll river bridge for Houbolt Road would be built one of these days . . .

--- End quote ---

God, the need for that bridge from Houbolt to Laraway is intensifying.  I'm a big fan of the idea.

hobsini2:
Item 014 - 6.45 miles of 3P resurfacing and ADA ramps on IL 43 from north of US 30 to just north of US 6.
    Harlem Ave is bad enough with concert traffic.
Item 021 - 6 miles of resurfacing on US 34 (Ogden Avenue) from Ivanhoe Ave to east of IL 83 (Kingery Highway in the Villages of Lisle, Downers Grove, Westmont and Clarendon Hills.
   Ugh. But glad it will be done this year.
Item 032- 7.55 miles of Resurfacing (SMART) and pedestrian ramp project on IL 64 from IL 47 to Randall Road.
   About time.
Item 124 - Resurfacing and pedestrian ramp improvements on US 14 (Northwest Highway) through the Village of Arlington Heights, Village of Mount Prospect and the city of Des Plaines
   Another one desperately needed.
Item 144 - Roadway reconstruction on Irving Park Road from east of IL 59 to Bartlett Road in Streamwood.
   Good.
Item 166 - Construct an extension of Kings Road from Rodeo Drive to Hassert Boulevard in Bollingbrook.
   Only took them a decade to FINALLY do this.

ET21:

--- Quote from: hobsini2 on February 10, 2019, 04:15:30 PM ---
Item 124 - Resurfacing and pedestrian ramp improvements on US 14 (Northwest Highway) through the Village of Arlington Heights, Village of Mount Prospect and the city of Des Plaines
   Another one desperately needed.

--- End quote ---

Yes it is. Pothole central from 294 to the new residential development just past the tracks, and again from Golf to points west. They are also moving a water main by the train tracks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version