Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Illinois interesting bid annoucements

<< < (30/34) > >>

Revive 755:
List of Projects for the April 26, 2019 Letting is up.

Highlights
* Item 1X is replacement of the EB US 150 bridge over the Illinois River
* Item 5 puts a traffic signal at the IL 57 intersection with Main Street north of I-88, along with a couple bridge replacements
* Item 13 has repairs to the Brandon Road drawbridge in Joliet
* Item 15 removes the traffic signal at the IL 53/Walter Strawn intersections near Elwood, along with other pavement removal
* Item 105 is a rebid of Kane County's flashing yellow arrow project (covering the southern portion of the county) from January
* Item 138 is intersection improvements at the 75 Street/Naper Boulevard intersection
* Item 139 is intersection improvements to the US 52/Gougar Road intersection in Mahattan
* Item 155 is intersection improvements to the Pulaski Road intersection with 183rd Street in Country Club Hills
* Item 156 reconstructs Weiland Road in Lake County from Deerfield Road to Lake Cook Road
* Item 159 reconstructs Woodfield Road in Schaumburg from Martingale Road to the east frontage road for I-290
* Item 160 reconstructs Woodfield Road in Schaumburg from Meacham Road to Martingale Road
* Item 168 reconstructs the Rodeo Drive/Kings Road intersection in Bolingbrook

edwaleni:

--- Quote from: ilpt4u on February 03, 2019, 01:34:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: pianocello on February 03, 2019, 01:29:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: ilpt4u on February 01, 2019, 08:27:24 PM ---Item 43: Is IDOT expecting more traffic at the Civilian/Commercial Terminal of BLV/Scott AFB/Mid-America Airport?

The area at that interchange is not that built up. But if IDOT wants a light...

--- End quote ---

I think there's a decent amount of left-turning thru traffic coming from the north. Google Maps sends travelers down IL 4 as an outer bypass of St. Louis for traffic between I-55 and I-64, presumably because it only passes through one town and doesn't go very far west. Good way to get between Springfield (and points north/west) and Mt. Vernon (and points southeast).

--- End quote ---
I have used IL 4 between I-55 and I-64 plenty of times. The road handles the traffic. I also think the interchanges of IL 4 with I-55, I-70, and I-64 are ok without lights. Heck, Indiana style traffic circles would be better than sitting at a worthless red light, when no other traffic is around

--- End quote ---

3 gas stations, one a travel center that handles trucks.

1 new hotel and 2 apartment complexes, all on the north side of I-64.

There are quite a few coal mine workers who live south of Springfield who have been relocated to Ziegler and Prairie State. IL-4 is the most direct route.

Revive 755:
List of projects for the June 14, 2019 Letting is up

Highlights

* Item 2 reconstructions and signalizes the IL 131 intersection with Kenosha Road in Beach Park

* Item 3 realigns, reconstructs and signalizes the IL 176 intersections with Mt Tabor Road and Haligus Road in Crystal Lake

* Item 79 is for temporary detour signing for a rehab of the Murray Baker Bridge on I-74 in Peoria

* Item 88 installs LED luminaires at various locations along I-74 in Henry and Knox Counties

* Item 114 is for various lighting work in District 7 (Effingham), including LED retrofits

* Item 169 is for channelization and traffic signal improvements for the IL 59 intersection with Army Trail Road

* Item 214 reconstructs and signalizes the intersection of US 12/US 20/95th Street with Museum Drive in Oak Lawn

Crash_It:

--- Quote from: Revive 755 on May 10, 2019, 11:44:24 PM ---List of projects for the June 14, 2019 Letting is up

Highlights

* Item 2 reconstructions and signalizes the IL 131 intersection with Kenosha Road in Beach Park

* Item 3 realigns, reconstructs and signalizes the IL 176 intersections with Mt Tabor Road and Haligus Road in Crystal Lake

* Item 79 is for temporary detour signing for a rehab of the Murray Baker Bridge on I-74 in Peoria

* Item 88 installs LED luminaires at various locations along I-74 in Henry and Knox Counties

* Item 114 is for various lighting work in District 7 (Effingham), including LED retrofits

* Item 169 is for channelization and traffic signal improvements for the IL 59 intersection with Army Trail Road

* Item 214 reconstructs and signalizes the intersection of US 12/US 20/95th Street with Museum Drive in Oak Lawn

--- End quote ---

I wonder what they mean by "Intermittent resurfacing projects on various state routes". It's a good thing more than likely, this looks like it will be a very aggressive resurfacing year. That will probably take the percentage of deteriorated roads from nearly 19% currently to 15%

edwaleni:

--- Quote ---* Item 88 installs LED luminaires at various locations along I-74 in Henry and Knox Counties
--- End quote ---

Hopefully we will see more of these coming along in more counties and more routes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version