Interstates Routes Entirely Multiplexed...

Started by thenetwork, May 12, 2014, 09:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Agreed there. That is why it is so great they gave the Future I-49 in Miller County an AR designation instead of moving US 71 on to it.  Even though not allowing I-49 to be on it was for other reasons it worked out that they did invent a state route number so that US 71 stays where its at.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bugo

The route south of Texarkana is not "Future I-49", it is AR 549.  It will one day be I-49 (probably within the next year) but it is not signed "Future I-49" and is not known as such.

roadman65

I did not mean "Future I-49" as being its official route number.  I meant it literally as it will be future I-49 as in someday when LA and AR connect the the two freeways.  I believe I said it was AR 549 and complimented AHD for thinking of that one in the same manner as DelDOT did by giving the St. George Canal Bridge in Delaware a "BYPASS US 13 designation before the DE 1 Turnpike was finished.  Now US 13 could remain its original alignment through St. George, DE instead of designating it another road to go back later.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.