News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Upcoming MassDOT sign replacements

Started by roadman, October 04, 2013, 10:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman

MassDOT has recently advertised three additional sign replacement projects for bids.

Project #605703 is for the replacement of signs and structures on Interstate 495 between MA 38 in Lowell and the Methuen/Haverhill line.

Project #606014 is for the replacement of signs and structures on the Lowell Connector between Chelmsford and Lowell.

Project #606212 is for the replacement of signs and structures on Interstate 290 and the Route 85 connector between Plantation Street in Worcester and Route 85 in Hudson.

The Lowell Connector project is scheduled for bid opening in December of 2012, the I-495 and I-290 projects are scheduled for bid opening in January of 2013.  For those who are interested, they can request an informational (non-bidder) copy of the plans and specifications from MassDOT - you can check

https://www.ebidsourcing.com/displayPublicSolInqOpenSolCatList.do?browseType=BYSUBCAT&doValidateToken=false&subCategoryId=105103&categoryName=Construction-Heavy-Highway+%28Horizontal%29&menu_id=2.3.1.1.1.1&subCategoryName=PROJECTS-HIGHWAY

to find out when the CDs with the plans and specifications are made available.  Note that only official bidders can "pre-request" the project materials.

Edited 10-5 to correct bid opening dates (blame STSF - shouldn't type so fast)
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

bob7374

Thanks for the information on ordering plans. Is it also possible for non-contractors to request plans for current projects? I know the plans are supposed to be available for viewing at the district offices, but could anyone ask for electronic versions to be sent to them? In particular those for the current I-93 signing project from Randolph to Boston?

Also, I assume the dates for the lettings are December 2013 and in 2014, not 2012 and 2013.

southshore720

Any word on a MA 24 sign replacement?  I hate the thin one-pipe gantries all along this stretch and along the I-95 stretch from RI to Canton.

roadman

Quote from: bob7374 on October 04, 2013, 11:02:46 AM
Thanks for the information on ordering plans. Is it also possible for non-contractors to request plans for current projects? I know the plans are supposed to be available for viewing at the district offices, but could anyone ask for electronic versions to be sent to them? In particular those for the current I-93 signing project from Randolph to Boston?

Also, I assume the dates for the lettings are December 2013 and in 2014, not 2012 and 2013.

It is my understanding that, once bids are opened, project plans are available to the general public electronically.  You can contact the Plans and Records section at MassDOT HQ - 10 Park Plaza Boston.

http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/highway/Departments/PlansRecords.aspx
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

roadman

Quote from: southshore720 on October 04, 2013, 10:22:15 PM
Any word on a MA 24 sign replacement?  I hate the thin one-pipe gantries all along this stretch and along the I-95 stretch from RI to Canton.

MA 24 between the Rhode Island line and I-195 is being resigned as part of the current I-195 Seekonk to Dartmouth sign replacement.   The remainder of MA 24 is currently scheduled to be re-signed beginning in late 2016 or early 2017.

I-95 from the Rhode Island line and I-93 in Canton is currently scheduled to be re-signed beginning in early to mid 2017.

As always, these dates are pending based on available funding for construction at the time.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.