New York State Thruway has large tree clearance program

Started by cpzilliacus, September 25, 2013, 01:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

TOLLROADSnews: New York State Thruway has large tree clearance program

QuoteThe New York State Thruway has a large tree clearance program along the roadside in the Poughkeepsie area, 12.5 miles of it between mile markers (MM) 62 and 74.5 and southbound 6.5 miles  between MM68 and MM74.5.  This is at the southern end of the ticket system.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Duke87

QuoteThis was described to us by a traveling engineer as a third-laning project that we should report.

However the only 3rd laning project on the Thruway is up to the northwest in the Albany area.

A Thruway official tells us the extensive tree clearing is part of a safety modernization, not third laning.
i.e.
QuoteSome random dude said it was one thing, but then an official source said it was actually something else.

Real high quality reporting there.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

froggie

Adding onto the "real high quality reporting", the milemarker points place the project north of the Newburgh interchange, when the "southern end of the ticket system" is still another exit further south at Harriman.

empirestate

Yeah, "Poughkeepsie area" is a stretch at best, and just plain wrong at medium quality. Never met anyone from Orange County, NY who claimed to live in the Poughkeepsie area.

SteveG1988

I love the topic title: "NYST has large tree clearance program"

So, is it a program that is big about removing a lot of trees?

Or is it a program about removing large trees?
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.