News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Painting the walls of the bridges

Started by roadman65, July 18, 2014, 11:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I was wondering why the walls on some bridges are painted at the bottom like the overpass in the picture here?  I have seen that in many places in my travels, especially in the North-East this is quite common.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Big John

Either to cover up graffiti, or like in Wisconsin, to make the bridge more attractive.

Jardine

Would there be any protection against salt spray splashes with paint ?

I park on a slab in my back yard, and just the salt dripping off my rig for 10 years is really rotting out the concrete.  I'm thinking cars splashing salt on a load bearing concrete wall might be of some concern.

But I am just speculating.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

roadman65

I thought about graffiti too, but usually they try to match it with the color of the natural concrete.  Plus, I actually used to see it a lot back in the early 70's under many of the Garden State Parkway underpasses with the bottom half green even back then long before graffiti became a problem outside of the big cities. 
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.