News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

IL-104 Illinois River Bridge replacement by 2018

Started by Lyon Wonder, March 09, 2015, 12:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyon Wonder

IDOT wants to replace and demolish the IL-104 Illinois River bridge at Meredosia bridge by 2018.

A new bridge for US 67 at Beardstown is also mentioned.

http://myjournalcourier.com/news/home_top-news/152195081/Wor...

Illinois Department of Transportation officials are reviewing bid documents for construction of the proposed Illinois Route 104 bridge over the Illinois River at Meredosia, work on which should begin in the next few months, according to an IDOT official.

Contractors submitted bids for the project in January. The apparent low bidder was Halverson Construction Co. of Springfield at $75 million.

"I would anticipate construction would begin this spring, pending the awarding of the contract and the relocation of utilities,"  said Jeff Myers, acting program development engineer for IDOT District 6. He said construction of the new bridge and demolition of the current 1936 bridge should be completed by fall 2018.

"Property has been acquired in Meredosia, and the buildings in the proposed bridge right-of-way will be demolished as part of the contract,"  Myers said.

EXP, a Chicago engineering firm, designed the proposed tied-arch bridge, which will be 2,127 feet long and 44 feet wide, with concrete piers and a concrete deck. It will be located about 250 feet north of the existing bridge.

EXP is also designing a new bridge that will carry U.S. 67 across the Illinois River at Beardstown.

The Meredosia bridge project also will involve construction of a storm water pump station for the town.

Myers said the old bridge has been deemed structurally deficient and functionally obsolete. "It has served its useful life, but it will still be serviceable through the completion of the new bridge,"  he said.

Its older but from driving both I am more concerned about 67 BTW the design for 67 is wider and contains 2 interchanges and comes in about 100 million.

iBallasticwolf2

What will be the lane configuration for this new crossing?
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

It tears down most of their tiny downtown . It is wide enough to squeeze 4 lanes but I think it will be a very wide 2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.