News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

2014 county population estimates

Started by golden eagle, March 26, 2015, 07:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden eagle

The U.S. Census Bureau released county population estimates today. Though I've not pored over all the information, I did find some interesting things:

-Three counties--Mecklenburg, NC; St. Louis, MO; and Montgomery, MD--became millionaire counties, bringing the total number of counties over a million to 43. Several more counties--Wake, NC; Fulton, GA; and Honolulu, HI--just missed the cut, but are within at least 9,000 from making it.

-Denver, CO, is still the state's most populous county, but is ahead of El Paso County (Colorado Springs) by only 343 folks.

-Washington, DC, continues to surge ahead in population, at 658,893, its highest number since the 1970 census. Up the road in Baltimore, they're also experiencing a population rebound, though at a slower clip.

Oddly enough, I had to go to Cleveland.com's web site to get this since the USCB didn't have it on theirs or had it very well hidden. Just click the link and use the drop-down menu to find your state.

bandit957

Urban areas are growing, rural areas are shrinking.

Redistricting is gonna be a hoot!
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.