News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Drinks that you didn't know existed

Started by mcdonaat, January 30, 2015, 11:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txstateends

Quote from: NJRoadfan on January 31, 2015, 10:13:58 PM
I never heard of Cheerwine until visiting NC.

The WinCo grocery stores that have opened in the DFW area in the last couple of years are carrying Cheerwine.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

txstateends

Quote from: sbeaver44 on February 05, 2015, 01:19:46 PM

I can't drink soda anymore (Crohn's) but their grapefruit was as close to Wink as I could get.

I miss Wink.  I remember Dad using it in his mixed drinkies back in the day.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

jeffandnicole

My wife loves birth beer.  It's probably more popular in the PA/NJ area; one of the bigger makers of it is "Pennsylvania Dutch".  There's usually a small area in most grocery stores in this area for it, and some convenience stores carry it.  It can be found along the Jersey Shore at several restaurants.  Occasionally, a bar will have it on tab as well, right along side their other draft beers.

algorerhythms

english si

Pete from Boston

Quote from: english si on June 06, 2015, 02:38:15 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on June 06, 2015, 12:05:40 PM
My wife loves birth beer.
Is that made with embryonic fluid, or with placenta? ;)

The only beer that leaves you less full than when you started drinking it.

DeaconG

Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

Takumi

I didn't know Ale-8 existed until the Richmond meet three years ago, when HB brought some.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

thenetwork

Quote from: OCGuy81 on February 05, 2015, 01:46:19 PM
QuoteAnyway...  All I know is, they keep offering limited-time flavors that I absolutely love and then yanking them out from under me.  Flavors I wish would come back as permanent offerings:
Sprite Remix
Sunkist Solar Fusion
Pepsi Vanilla with Real Sugar
Pepsi Next Paradise Mango (apparently this one still exists but not in my area???).

I remember some of those.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Crystal Pepsi come back?? (walks sheepishly away)    :-P

http://www.businessinsider.com/pepsi-might-bring-back-crystal-pepsi-2015-6

noelbotevera

Coca-Cola life. Instead of using the sugar in other Coke products, this is sweetened with stevia and sugar cane. Tastes great.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

jp the roadgeek

CT has some great local soda companies like Hosmer (best known for its birch beer), Foxon Park, and Avery's.  Mello-Yello can be difficult to get up in these parts, except in Freestyle machines (now that's where you learn about interesting flavors).  I did see Barq's Red Cream soda once in Reading, PA.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

US71

Quote from: noelbotevera on June 10, 2015, 04:12:35 PM
Coca-Cola life. Instead of using the sugar in other Coke products, this is sweetened with stevia and sugar cane. Tastes great.
I didn't like it, myself.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

english si

Quote from: Pete from Boston on June 06, 2015, 02:41:21 PMThe only beer that leaves you less full than when you started drinking it.
These have much the same effect.

---

Back to soft drinks, I was surprised to be offered Toffee Apple Squash at a friend's house.

corco

Quote from: txstateends on June 06, 2015, 10:43:54 AM
Quote from: NJRoadfan on January 31, 2015, 10:13:58 PM
I never heard of Cheerwine until visiting NC.

The WinCo grocery stores that have opened in the DFW area in the last couple of years are carrying Cheerwine.

Oddly, the Taco Johns in Grangeville, Idaho has Cheerwine out of the fountain. I bet it's the only fountain Cheerwine within a thousand miles. The owner of that franchise must be from NC or something

jeffandnicole

Quote from: english si on June 11, 2015, 10:09:49 AM
Quote from: Pete from Boston on June 06, 2015, 02:41:21 PMThe only beer that leaves you less full than when you started drinking it.
These have much the same effect.

---

Back to soft drinks, I was surprised to be offered Toffee Apple Squash at a friend's house.

What's wrong with Natty Light?   :-P

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: noelbotevera on June 10, 2015, 04:12:35 PM

I discovered that last week, although I didn't try it. There is exactly one place where one can get it in my area.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

noelbotevera

I found it in my area in my high school's vending machine  :-P
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

jdb1234

Pepsi with Real Sugar.  Also available in Vanilla and Cherry.

mcdonaat

Quote from: thenetwork on June 10, 2015, 03:52:55 PM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on February 05, 2015, 01:46:19 PM
QuoteAnyway...  All I know is, they keep offering limited-time flavors that I absolutely love and then yanking them out from under me.  Flavors I wish would come back as permanent offerings:
Sprite Remix
Sunkist Solar Fusion
Pepsi Vanilla with Real Sugar
Pepsi Next Paradise Mango (apparently this one still exists but not in my area???).

I remember some of those.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Crystal Pepsi come back?? (walks sheepishly away)    :-P

http://www.businessinsider.com/pepsi-might-bring-back-crystal-pepsi-2015-6
If you had to run one bottling line on one day of the month for 10 minutes (CC-United said they can produce 1800 cans per minute of soda on their canning line, leading to 18,000 cans, 1500 12-packs), you could fill the niche soda market easily. If TaB can stay on the shelves long enough, so can Crystal Pepsi, Surge, Mr Green, or any other soda that companies want to make. If a local demand persists, you can market it in real places, but Amazon gives a true test market.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.