News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Most boring county

Started by CapeCodder, November 24, 2015, 07:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverback1065

all 82 counties of mississippi

TravelingBethelite

Specifically, the northern-most counties of the state. What a snooze-fest Alcorn, Benton, Marshall, and DeSoto counties are, especially east of the Memphis metro. :poke: :sleep:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

MikeTheActuary

Quote from: SD Mapman on December 06, 2015, 12:32:08 AM
I'd go with Arthur County, myself. Cherry County at least has a sizeable (for upper Plains states) town.
Arthur County is the site of the smallest courthouse in the US, which is sorta interesting.

wphiii

Quote from: OCGuy81 on December 06, 2015, 12:14:02 AM
How about Pershing County, NV?  That's pretty rough.

Burning Man, though!

clong

Quote from: keithvh on November 25, 2015, 12:21:55 AM
I'm doing my couple-times-annual Cincinnati to Detroit trip tomorrow for Thanksgiving.  That drive is boring, boring, boring.  But I would nominate Shelby County, Ohio as the MOST boring singular county in that trip.  Just flat, no-mans-land between Dayton and Lima.

For that matter, Shelby County, INDIANA is also boring --- the most boring part of the Cincinnati-Indianapolis drive on I-74.  At least there's some terrain down in far Southwest Indiana.  But once you reach Shelby County, it's flat and dull, just waiting for Indianapolis to appear.

So, hmmmmmmmm.  Maybe there is a trend here.  Maybe ALL Shelby Counties are boring.  The other Shelby Counties in America:

(1) Shelby County, Alabama: I've never been there.

(2) Shelby County, Illinois: Kind of non-descript Central Illinois plains.  Yeah, it was boring.

(3) Shelby County, Iowa: I've never been here, but I have been to the county just to the southeast.  Cass County, Iowa, which is among the most boring counties on I-80's treck through Iowa.  So, yeah, I'm going to guess Shelby County, Iowa is boring too.

(4) Shelby County, Kentucky: This is in Bourbon Trail Country!!!!!  Most definitely NOT boring!!!!

(5) Shelby County, Missouri: Part of the US-36 Chicago-Kansas City corridor in Northern Missouri.  Which I found to be a pretty boring corridor.  Yes, this one is boring.

(6) Shelby County, Tennessee: This is where Memphis is, urban county, not really boring.

(7) Shelby County, Texas: I've never been here, this is in Piney Woods land.

------------------------------

So, my conclusion based on this: the "Shelby Counties" in the midwest/Great Lakes region are the most boring "group of similarly named counties."   :colorful:

I will support your argument in disqualifying Shelby County, AL as boring. It's the county I currently reside in. Lots of good elevation changes (hill type, not mountain peaks), a couple of waterfalls, rivers that make most of two borders, Birmingham in the county bordering to the north.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.