News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

"Font Streets"

Started by Katavia, December 13, 2015, 11:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katavia

I just found "Clearview Street".

in knoxville
(Former) pizza delivery driver with a penchant for highways.
On nearly every other online platform I go by Kurzov - Katavia is a holdover from the past.

Big John

vtk

Clearview is not a particularly common street name, but it's not particularly rare either. I've seen a sign for a Clearview Ave written in FHWA, and a sign for a Clarendon St written in Clearview. Now I'm only missing a sign for FHWA Blvd written in Clarendon.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Duke87

New York City alone has:
Clearview Expressway (Queens)
Clarendon Road (Brooklyn)
Cambria Street (Staten Island)
Georgia Avenue (Brooklyn)
Rockwell Place (Brooklyn)

None are named after the font although I do have a font on my computer named "Broadway" which is probably named after the street in Manhattan.

Googling around, I found:
Tahoma Street in Columbus, OH and Cascade Locks, OR
Lucida Road near Kendall, WI
Segoe Road in Madison, WI
Verdana Way in Howell, NJ

Could not find a Comic Sans Street anywhere although I did find this comic shop in Argentina.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

theline

Not a street, but certainly notable: Times Square
In Frederick, MD, Cambria Ct.
In Germantown, MD, Century Blvd.
In Vero Beach, FL, Courier St.
In Charlotte, NC, Garamond Ct.
Georgia is way to easy to find for me to even try.
In Pensacola, FL, Lucida Ln.

I hit the jackpot in Peachtree City, GA, with Copperplate Ln., Claridge Curve, Bookman Point, and (my favorite) Gill Sans. I bet there are a bunch more in the neighborhood that I don't even recognize as fonts. Most other places, I'm sure the font names were coincidental, but they were certainly intentional in Peachtree City.

Mr. Matté

The ultimate jackpot would be to find a Wingdings Street (and hope it doesn't have directional signage to NYC).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.