News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Chili's vs Applebee's

Started by I-39, September 28, 2015, 10:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 19, 2015, 01:05:11 PM
You don't have to go across the country to get an authentic cheesesteak.  But don't be fooled into thinking what you're eating would be considered a Philly Cheesesteak in Philly.

Okay, and I agree that perhaps the MSM Philly ain't the real deal. But, you just said (edited?):

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 18, 2015, 01:57:56 PM
Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on December 18, 2015, 01:45:51 PM
...I once got a Philly Cheesesteak from anyplace other than the Philly area.  It sucked.

Fixed for you.

Are you saying that you can get an authentic Philly Cheesesteak anywhere in the country, it just won't be as good?

jeffandnicole

Quote from: jakeroot on December 19, 2015, 02:13:33 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 19, 2015, 01:05:11 PM
You don't have to go across the country to get an authentic cheesesteak.  But don't be fooled into thinking what you're eating would be considered a Philly Cheesesteak in Philly.

Okay, and I agree that perhaps the MSM Philly ain't the real deal. But, you just said (edited?):

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 18, 2015, 01:57:56 PM
Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on December 18, 2015, 01:45:51 PM
...I once got a Philly Cheesesteak from anyplace other than the Philly area.  It sucked.

Fixed for you.

Are you saying that you can get an authentic Philly Cheesesteak anywhere in the country, it just won't be as good?

Yep.  Hard to explain. But yep!

jakeroot

halork

I'll go to Applebee's, just because I can eat relatively inexpensively. Usually, I get a garden salad (which is pretty large and tasty compared to what is offered at other places) and an appetizer. Or, I will get a burger and unlimited fries, which is only $6.99 on Mondays.  To me, Chili's is just overpriced psuedo-Mexican.

wanderer2575

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.