News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

North Spokane Corridor - US 395 in Spokane, WA

Started by ctroadgeek, May 24, 2009, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Quote from: Henry on May 21, 2024, 11:24:10 PM
Quote from: ErmineNotyours on May 21, 2024, 10:46:26 PMAdding more fuel to the urban legend that Interstates were designed for planes to land and take off.
AFAIK, this is not going to be an Interstate anytime soon, although it would make a good I-x90 spur route.

I think he's just alluding to the idea that people associate freeways with interstates, and associate interstates with the idiotic "every x-number of miles must have a straight section for planes to emergency-land" urban legend that has perpetuated for decades. Ergo, people see this video and associate one with the other.

As an aside...agreed it would make a good spur, though it would have to be dual-signed with US-395.

The Ghostbuster

I think the Interstate 190 spur in Rapid City, SD will always be the furthest west 3di of Interstate 90 in the entire country. Giving the NSC an Interstate designation seems unnecessary to me.

pderocco

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on May 22, 2024, 07:30:40 PMI think the Interstate 190 spur in Rapid City, SD will always be the furthest west 3di of Interstate 90 in the entire country. Giving the NSC an Interstate designation seems unnecessary to me.
They should have signed I-115 in Butte as I-115/I-190, just to be fair.

Bickendan

Quote from: pderocco on May 22, 2024, 10:36:39 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on May 22, 2024, 07:30:40 PMI think the Interstate 190 spur in Rapid City, SD will always be the furthest west 3di of Interstate 90 in the entire country. Giving the NSC an Interstate designation seems unnecessary to me.
They should have signed I-115 in Butte as I-115/I-190, just to be fair.
There would be endless griping in General if it were dual signed I-115 and 190 (along with 15B and 90B).
To them, I say either dual sign it or sign it as I-238 :bigass:

Bruce

WA 18 could have become an I-x90 if the feds had kicked in some money for it. The route is pretty important for freight bypassing Seattle and the Eastside to reach the Port of Tacoma, and re-using the old proposed number (I-605) would have reopened old wounds.

There's also the freeway sections of US 395 between the Tri-Cities and Ritzville that have been slowly been upgraded since the 1990s. If there was a push to complete the final grade separations, then it could also be an I-x90.

xonhulu

Quote from: Bruce on May 23, 2024, 02:30:16 AMThere's also the freeway sections of US 395 between the Tri-Cities and Ritzville that have been slowly been upgraded since the 1990s. If there was a push to complete the final grade separations, then it could also be an I-x90.

Easier to extend the already existing I-182 up the 395 freeway, if it needs interstate status.

But imo, it's fine as just US 395.  I doubt the lack of an interstate designation will keep anyone from using it.  Same with the North Spokane Corridor.

pderocco

Quote from: Bruce on May 23, 2024, 02:30:16 AMThere's also the freeway sections of US 395 between the Tri-Cities and Ritzville that have been slowly been upgraded since the 1990s. If there was a push to complete the final grade separations, then it could also be an I-x90.
They could also call it I-182, which already exists.

Bruce

Quote from: xonhulu on May 23, 2024, 10:52:11 PM

Easier to extend the already existing I-182 up the 395 freeway, if it needs interstate status.

But imo, it's fine as just US 395.  I doubt the lack of an interstate designation will keep anyone from using it.  Same with the North Spokane Corridor.
Quote from: pderocco on Today at 12:42:07 AM
They could also call it I-182, which already exists.

I-182 serves a different purpose, so it would be ill-suited to be extended all the way up.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.