McDonald’s Eggnog Shake/Holiday Pie

Started by I-39, November 24, 2020, 10:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-39

Super Random!

Remember when McDonalds used to have eggnog shakes and holiday pies during the holiday season? They haven't been out nationwide in a few years now.

I see the holiday pie is back at my local McDonald's this year, but no Eggnog Shakes that I can see.

Max Rockatansky

I only ever cared for the Shamrock Shakes, maybe a McRib if I happened to be in the path of a locale that had them.

briantroutman

Quote from: I-39 on November 24, 2020, 10:45:50 PM
Remember when McDonalds used to have eggnog shakes and holiday pies during the holiday season?

I don't think I've ever seen a McDonald's "holiday pie" –what is it? (Edit: A quick search suggests it's custard topped with sprinkles...? I'm a dessert aficionado (even cheap fast food desserts), but what little I've seen and read about this pie doesn't appeal to me.) I think it would be far more interesting if a place as mainstream and middle-of-the-road as McDonald's had holiday mince pie–or rhubarb or something like that.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I seem to recall being in a McDonald's one evening and seeing pumpkin pies in the dispenser/warmer along with the usual apple. Perhaps that's seasonal, too.

And I've had maybe one or two shamrock shakes, but I don't recall seeing an eggnog shake at McDonald's (and certainly never had one).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.