News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Press Release Fail

Started by US71, February 02, 2011, 12:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

The following Press Release was issued this morning by MoDOT:

I-44 Now Open Springfield to Exit 11
Detour West Outlined

Interstate 44 West/Oklahoma Will Rogers Turnpike remains closed due to winter road conditions. 

I-44 has opened from Springfield to Exit 11, Joplin.

Motorists heading westbound must exit I-44 at Exit 11 (Route FF/32nd Street), Joplin.

The detour route for motorists heading west is: US 71 south to I-540/Arkansas, then west into Oklahoma on I-40 (heading to Oklahoma City) or US 412 (heading into Tulsa.)  All routes are still considered snow packed

I-44 in Missouri remains closed from Exit 11, west to the Oklahoma state line.

MoDOT crews continue to work clearing the state roads, if you do have to travel plan ahead, take your time and know the road conditions by checking local news sources and the department's Traveler Information Map. 

Located at http://www.modot.org/, the map gives drivers an up-to-the-minute view of road conditions for major Missouri highways. Conditions for major routes across the state are color-coded to give visitors the information they need at a glance.

Travelers can also call MoDOT's toll-free number, 888-275-6636, to get road condition information.
---
Only problem is, I-44 doesn't have an interchange with Route FF/ 32nd St: Exit 11 is US 71 South/MO 249 North.   :pan:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

corco

It's very surprising that they are announcing a detour route for a weather closure- In the west they usually issue a release that says "Haha, the interstate is closed. You're stuck." and then you have to find the alternate route yourself. That's presumably done to discourage people from travelling when the roads suck.

Scott5114

I think it's kind of funny they're detouring people via I-540 in Arkansas, myself. That's when you know OK sucks at plowing: when they route you through the mountains instead because the roads are clearer!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kharvey10

that PR is full of epic fail

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.