News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Google Maps and Google Earth

Started by Roadmaestro95, February 20, 2012, 09:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadmaestro95

I am not sure if anybody really notices these things, but on the Google Maps/Earth stuff there is signage for future roads (I-22, I-269) already on the maps along with signage for secret interstates (I-478 in NY). I know I like them on paper, but why must they put them on a map if they don't exist yet?  :hmmm: I feel like it will confuse the normal driver if they are trying to find directions around those roads.
Hope everyone is safe!

NE2

They decided hiding designations was evil.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Scott5114

Because Google Maps sort of sucks. This isn't new. :pan:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

empirestate

My continual gripe: there is an inverse relationship between the availability of raw data and the tendency of anybody to actually interpret it.

US71

I've sent several corrections to highways and they write back "this conflicts with our data". That's why I'm correcting it!

I sent in a road correction and eventually got it accepted, but only after lots of back and forth:"Why did you do this", "What is the name of this road"? (I already told you) etc.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Roadmaestro95

Yea...I tried that when the new VA-286, VA-289, and VA-294 were given for the old VA-3000, VA-7100, AND VA-7900 when they were upgraded last week. It said the information was incorrect!
Hope everyone is safe!

NE2

Quote from: Roadmaestro95 on February 21, 2012, 11:37:42 AM
Yea...I tried that when the new VA-286, VA-289, and VA-294 were given for the old VA-3000, VA-7100, AND VA-7900 when they were upgraded last week. It said the information was incorrect!
Uh... the signs are most likely not up yet, so it does nobody any good to change it...
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

texaskdog

Because they don't hire people like us to make the maps.

agentsteel53

Quote from: texaskdog on February 21, 2012, 01:22:38 PM

we'd be too expensive.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

I tend to use extreme sarcasm when submitting corrections. I hope that by instilling laughter, people are more likely to make the change

empirestate

Quote from: agentsteel53 on February 21, 2012, 03:16:53 PM
Quote from: texaskdog on February 21, 2012, 01:22:38 PM

we'd be too expensive.

I dunno, they seem to be getting us pretty darn cheap over at OSM...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.