News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I've been in Tulsa too long

Started by bugo, July 07, 2012, 12:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I have started to call all freeways "the highway."

bulkyorled

You should get out before it becomes a set in stain and you can't get it out
Your local illuminated sign enthusiast

Signs Im looking for: CA only; 1, 2, 14, 118, 134, 170, 210 (CA), and any california city illuminated sign.

Crazy Volvo Guy

Could be worse.  I spent a week in southern California, and ever since, I've been occasionally calling freeways "the [route number]" interstate or not.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

US71

Quote from: bugo on July 07, 2012, 12:01:41 AM

Along the US 67 Expressway corridor north of Little Rock, people call the road "The Interstate".  I guess that's right on a technicality since 67 IS an "interstate" (small i) highway .
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Brandon

Heh.  I've been around Chicago too long.  They're "expressways" or "tollways" depending upon toll or "free" status.   Need I mention that I use the name instead of the number.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Road Hog

In Dallas, everyone uses the number of the main 2dl freeways, but uses names for everything else. Everyone knows the LBJ, the Bush and the Tollway. An exception is Stemmons for I-35E.

kphoger

Quote from: bugo on July 07, 2012, 12:01:41 AM

Just as long as you don't start calling every freeway "the BA"...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.