News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Shield: border doesn't match outline

Started by Alps, April 11, 2013, 10:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

My brain got derailed by anotther thread. Is there any example of a shield that has a border not matching the outline? I don't mean the awful error shields with bubble Interstates printed on 3-digit blanks, etc. I mean an actual, intentional design. For example, the following has a triangular border on a rectangular sign, but it's not really a shield:

What I'm not looking for (an error):

Oh, and a square shield with a circle inside doesn't count, either, it just means that the agency was lazy.

hbelkins

Would those I-64 shields in Virginia that are on VA state route cutouts count?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

vtk

Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

agentsteel53

apart from any number of black-square or white-square shields where it is a figure on a rectangle or rounded rectangle...

Arkansas:

left edge is broken on outline, straight on metal cut

any number of Arizonas:

notched corner, straight left edge

diagonal corner, angled straight left edge (all swastika style embossed I've seen but one have a straight left edge - either angled or straight up and down)

California:

classic bear has extra space at the bottom for a logo

Georgia:

notch on left is not cut out

Maine:

fancy border

Oregon:

rounded-off top, ostensibly to prevent vicious saw injuries

Rhode Island:

dashed outline

Utah:

top of U is not cut out, as that would make things terribly impractical

letter U in approximately U-shaped shield

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.