Laundry: Washer deposits lint on athletic clothing

Started by Brian556, August 17, 2013, 11:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

My washin' machine deposits lint on my athletic clothing every time I do the laundry. Is there somewhere inside the washer that the lint could be hiding that I need to clean out?

Duke87

Your pockets?

If not that, then maybe the drain holes. This is an odd problem, usually lint accumulation is a drier thing.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

J N Winkler

There may also be a lint filter in the washer that needs to be cleared out.  If your washer has one, it will probably be in the center post inside the washtub.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Alps

US81

Is it a front-loader? Look for a drain under the front panel. Lint can catch there, sometimes water backs up as well, so have a shop-vac or at least towels handy.

SteveG1988

Try running it with just bleach through a heavy duty cycle, that should flush out the system entirely, extra rinse will help
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

hm insulators

I prefer to drive to a public laundromat rather than use the one here at my apartment complex (the driers here are the tiniest damn things--lay a Campbell's soup can on its side to get an idea), but recently I learned from another tenant that one of our washers was getting black grease from a gasket all over the clothes! :banghead:
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

SteveG1988

Quote from: hm insulators on September 24, 2013, 05:15:26 PM
I prefer to drive to a public laundromat rather than use the one here at my apartment complex (the driers here are the tiniest damn things--lay a Campbell's soup can on its side to get an idea), but recently I learned from another tenant that one of our washers was getting black grease from a gasket all over the clothes! :banghead:

Does it actively turn the water black, or is ti more like streaking on the clothes?
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.