News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Sign that spells out "Oklahoma City"

Started by bugo, December 26, 2013, 06:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

This one is on northbound Yale Avenue.  It is one of the few signs in Oklahoma to read "Oklahoma City" instead of "Okla City".

Scott5114

A few others I can think of: there's one on the westbound Turner Turnpike just west of where the Creek Turnpike merges in (with line break before "City"), and there's one in Norman on northbound I-35 at the Robinson Street exit (with downward-facing straight-shaft arrows instead of true down arrows).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

txstateends

Quote from: bugo on December 26, 2013, 06:12:33 PM
This one is on northbound Yale Avenue.  It is one of the few signs in Oklahoma to read "Oklahoma City" instead of "Okla City".

And, one of the few I've seen that uses mixed case for the 'West' part instead of all-caps.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Scott5114

Quote from: txstateends on December 27, 2013, 09:31:45 AM
Quote from: bugo on December 26, 2013, 06:12:33 PM

And, one of the few I've seen that uses mixed case for the 'West' part instead of all-caps.

ODOT getting basic signage conventions wrong? Naaaaaaaaaah

US71

I think there's one on I-40 near Van Buren, AR
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Scott5114

Spelling it out is common for TxDOT, KTA, and AHTD–it's ODOT and OTA that normally abbreviate it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.