News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

My bratty computer story

Started by Billy F 1988, June 14, 2014, 02:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy F 1988

Obviously, my computer was being a bit of a bratty child a while ago and I needed to revert the laptop back to when I first set it up. It was being a pain in the rear with programs crashing and blue screening twice. After that, Chrome decided to be a major fuss, so, I decided, "Alright, 'ya know what, I'm just gonna reset this thing." So, I did. Lost quite a bit in my reversion. But, I have no worries. I have all of the Roadgeek series fonts, all of the older styled fonts, and so on, on my 500 GB external drive so I can reinstall them at any time.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

mcdonaat

I saw something neat when building my current desktop - they have computer cases where you can hot swap the actual hard drives... you have a SATA connection instead of a USB or FireWire, and you can transfer large files quicker. My former computer, before I had this one, is a Power Mac G4, sitting in the closet with OS X 10.1 on it. My main reason for jumping to a personal built computer was the fact that the Power Mac had no USB 2.0, just 1.0. Resetting can always be a pain, though.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.