News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Toll on I-95 Bridge from N.J. to Pa.

Started by Michael in Philly, August 04, 2010, 01:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael in Philly

Hi all - first post here, although I've been lurking for a bit.
What immediately prompted me to sign up was front-page news in the Philadelphia Inquirer on Saturday that the toll at the Scudders Falls Bridge (and the improvements it's supposed to finance) is pretty much a done deal:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/front_page/20100731_Tolls_coming_to_one_of_last_free_Delaware_River_bridges.html

I'm sure I'll have much more to say about many topics going forward.
RIP Dad 1924-2012.

Alps

I do agree with the concept of tolling the last major span of the Delaware - it's not the same as the other toll-supported free bridges.  This will definitely put more traffic on Washington Crossing and could impact the Trenton Makes and Calhoun St. bridges - note that Washington Crossing and Calhoun St. are both closed for repairs right now, almost as if anticipating the increase.  There's no timeframe on how long before the tolling goes in, but it'll be running close to when the I-95/276 connection is completed, so ironically traffic could drop considerably just as the widening project gets underway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.