News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Philly's first mast-arms

Started by traffic light guy, December 19, 2016, 04:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When did philly start to install their mast-arms

The 1960s
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (33.3%)
1 (33.3%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1976 or Later
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

traffic light guy

Philly's oldest mast-arm installations include, Econolite bullseyes, Eagle flatbacks, and Crouse-Hinds Type M and R signals. Now, I've been cavity searching the web for photo evidence. I watched mummers parade vidoes of new years 1971 and 1972, broad street appears to have no mast arms at the time. I can't find a single photo from 1973. The oldest mast-arm photo I've seen, was a B&W photo from 1974. Most of the signal brands included in these setups, however have already ceased production by then. The Eagle flatback ended production in 1973, while the Crouse-Hinds Type M ceased production in thr 60s. Help me please, this is very frustarting. Someone please clue me in on when Philadelphia, PA started to install their first mast-arms.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.