News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

North Spokane Corridor - US 395 in Spokane, WA

Started by ctroadgeek, May 24, 2009, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakeroot

Quote from: Henry on May 21, 2024, 11:24:10 PM
Quote from: ErmineNotyours on May 21, 2024, 10:46:26 PMAdding more fuel to the urban legend that Interstates were designed for planes to land and take off.
AFAIK, this is not going to be an Interstate anytime soon, although it would make a good I-x90 spur route.

I think he's just alluding to the idea that people associate freeways with interstates, and associate interstates with the idiotic "every x-number of miles must have a straight section for planes to emergency-land" urban legend that has perpetuated for decades. Ergo, people see this video and associate one with the other.

As an aside...agreed it would make a good spur, though it would have to be dual-signed with US-395.

The Ghostbuster

I think the Interstate 190 spur in Rapid City, SD will always be the furthest west 3di of Interstate 90 in the entire country. Giving the NSC an Interstate designation seems unnecessary to me.

pderocco

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on Today at 07:30:40 PMI think the Interstate 190 spur in Rapid City, SD will always be the furthest west 3di of Interstate 90 in the entire country. Giving the NSC an Interstate designation seems unnecessary to me.
They should have signed I-115 in Butte as I-115/I-190, just to be fair.

Bickendan

Quote from: pderocco on Today at 10:36:39 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on Today at 07:30:40 PMI think the Interstate 190 spur in Rapid City, SD will always be the furthest west 3di of Interstate 90 in the entire country. Giving the NSC an Interstate designation seems unnecessary to me.
They should have signed I-115 in Butte as I-115/I-190, just to be fair.
There would be endless griping in General if it were dual signed I-115 and 190 (along with 15B and 90B).
To them, I say either dual sign it or sign it as I-238 :bigass:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.