News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Tornado hits I-75 in Northwest Georgia

Started by Grzrd, January 30, 2013, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

CNN is reporting that "numerous cars are overturned on Interstate 75":

There is at least one storm-related death, and numerous cars are overturned on Interstate 75 after a tornado struck Adairsville, Georgia, the National Weather Service reported.
The twister touched down before noon in the city of about 4,600 located roughly midway between Atlanta and Chattanooga, Tennessee, the weather service reported, adding that two other tornadoes were reported in the region - one in east Lindale, another in southeast Calhoun.

Although you cannot see I-75 itself in the accompanying video, a local TV crew filmed the funnel as it crossed I-75.

ARMOURERERIC

According to CNN, there are approximately 100 overturned cars at Exit 306, officials are asking drivers to avoid the area.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.