Tougher drunken driving threshold recommended

Started by cpzilliacus, May 14, 2013, 05:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 16, 2013, 08:40:14 AM
Quote from: cpzilliacus on May 15, 2013, 03:15:33 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 15, 2013, 08:30:53 AM
Anyone with a CDL license is subject to a .04 BAC limit.  And it doesn't matter if you're driving a truck or car at the time; the simple fact that I or anyone else with the license is subjected to the lower limit.  I think though that it would be extremely rare for anyone to be cited solely if they blew a .04 though; chances are, they would have to be involved in an accident or some other traffic violation.  Otherwise, I doubt the cops would even notice the person was drinking.

Maryland has a 0.000 BAC limit for CDL holders when they are driving a commercial vehicle.

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/Resources/DL-151.pdf

Per Section 1.2.2 on page 1-3, the limit in Maryland is 0.04, not 0.000.

Look a little further.

On physical page 7, it reads [emphasis added]:

QuoteYou will be put out-of-service for 24 hours if you have any detectable amount of alcohol under .04%.

I have personally observed Maryland State Police troopers (and civilian MSP transportation inspectors) order CDL drivers to blow into a PBT and then inform them of the above legal requirement.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.