News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

us 395

Started by RVTHRYT, August 15, 2013, 04:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RVTHRYT

i WANT TO DRIVE SOUTH ON us 395 FROM TAHOE TO BISHOP WITH A 35 FT FIFTH WHEEL. IS THE HWY OK FOR SUCH A TRIP OR IS SOME WHITE KNUCKLING INVOLVED? ANY RV PARK RECS.?

hotdogPi

Don't use all capital letters.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Molandfreak

You should be good; both California and Nevada will allow a 35 foot fifth wheel. http://www.readybrake.com/state_laws.html

As I have never driven the road, I can't say for certain that it's suitable for an RV of that size, but it looks like there are a few turns here and there on google maps, and plenty of passing areas. http://goo.gl/maps/gJFtz

And, as 1 said, try not to post in caps. But it looks to me like you just forgot to take caps lock off ;-)
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

corco

Molandfreak

AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

corco

Do you really trust somebody who posted a comment like that to be the kind of person who isn't a terrible RV driver?

Molandfreak

Quote from: corco on August 15, 2013, 07:50:13 PM
Do you really trust somebody who posted a comment like that to be the kind of person who isn't a terrible RV driver?
Point taken

Alps

Quote from: 1 on August 15, 2013, 04:17:09 PM
This is now against our forum guidelines. Please leave style comments to the moderating staff and focus on the substance of the post.

corco

Holy shit, this was a brilliant way to introduce us to a new forum guideline- we jumped right into that bait.

theline

Quote from: Steve on August 15, 2013, 11:40:56 PM
Quote from: 1 on August 15, 2013, 04:17:09 PM
This is now against our forum guidelines. Please leave style comments to the moderating staff and focus on the substance of the post.

If I'm the only one confused by your comment, Steve, please forgive me. I don't understand whether the forum guidelines prohibit the use of all caps or prohibit posters from making style comments. Please clarify for me.

Edit: I've now read this topic (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=10160.msg240251), so I retract my question. Carry on.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Avalanchez71

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.