AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com  (Read 169653 times)

inkyatari

• Widen I-80 through all of Illinois!

• Last Login: Today at 08:31:18 AM
    • Pie Factory Podcast - Classic Arcade gaming talk
Re: Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com
« Reply #400 on: October 07, 2016, 08:58:02 AM »

Construction begins on 12 lane Old Faithful Hypotenuse
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

CNGL-Leudimin

• When in doubt, US 41

• Last Login: Today at 08:39:34 AM
« Reply #401 on: October 07, 2016, 04:38:11 PM »

Thread names you'll never see on 'Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com'
Egyptian goddess changes name due to Islamic State
"Football", a quite ambiguous word for me. I assume "association" football instead of "American" football.

All times Eastern unless DST is in force only in the USA (Central in that case to preserve "6 hours behind my actual time") or otherwise noted

route56

• Last Login: November 18, 2019, 02:32:32 PM
    • route56.com
« Reply #402 on: October 07, 2016, 10:42:39 PM »

How many toddlers' foreskins have you pulled back? (Yeah, a bit over the top but guaranteed not to surface)

That's an understatement. I'm surprised that Scott didn't purple-line this out.

If you were serious, you would likely be banned and reported to local law enforcement.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

freebrickproductions

• The traffic signal enthusiast for north Alabama.

• Last Login: November 04, 2019, 08:07:09 PM
    • Mike's Railroad Crossing Website
« Reply #403 on: October 09, 2016, 08:24:31 PM »

FritzOwl elected President (or alternatively, appointed as head of the Department of Transportation).
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

CNGL-Leudimin

• When in doubt, US 41

« Reply #404 on: October 11, 2016, 03:29:03 PM »

If you were serious, you would likely be banned and reported to local law enforcement.

It was well past 6 p.m. (which means well past midnight in my time zone), and I was in need of a sleep, so I wasn't paying much attention. And I think Scott did let pass that almost-child sexual abuse title because it's on topic (Threads we'll never see here), but not without giving an eyebrow.

And while I'm at it, here's another one:
Hilos que nunca veréis en aaroads.com :bigass:
"Football", a quite ambiguous word for me. I assume "association" football instead of "American" football.

All times Eastern unless DST is in force only in the USA (Central in that case to preserve "6 hours behind my actual time") or otherwise noted

route56

• Last Login: November 18, 2019, 02:32:32 PM
    • route56.com
« Reply #405 on: October 11, 2016, 08:06:54 PM »

How 'bout this:

Have you heard about the miraculous wonders of llama urine?

iPhone
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

• UMass Lowell student

• Last Login: Today at 08:39:04 AM
    • Flickr account
« Reply #406 on: October 11, 2016, 08:28:12 PM »

Poll: Does anthropogenic climate change exist?
Poll: Who are you voting for in the 2016 election?
[insert forum member here] is a mezzanine
Fictional Highways: Run an Interstate through the Westboro Baptist Church
The 1-2-3 post count challenge!
Make VT 26 a coast-to-coast Interstate
Google buys Facebook for $20T, pays off US debt
Road meet November 31 at Point Nemo
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US ⒔50
MA ⒐2⒉40.9⒐10⒎10⒐1⒒1⒚14⒈159
NH 27, 111A(E); NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A; CT 32; VT 5A; QC 16⒉16⒌263

Flickr

noelbotevera

• Now at a Redbox kiosk near you!

• Last Login: Today at 06:49:25 AM
« Reply #407 on: October 11, 2016, 08:41:51 PM »

Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com about threads you'll never see on aaroads.com
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:02:29 PM by noelbotevera »
Doing things that nobody wants to do since 2004.
I was THE youngest forum member from May 14th, 2015 to September 25th, 2016.

I am the second Alex, since I currently use my father's name...

formulanone

• Business with pleasure?

• Last Login: November 20, 2019, 07:41:36 PM
« Reply #408 on: October 11, 2016, 09:09:30 PM »

- Structurally-Deficient Bridges You'd Like to See Built

- Gallery of Button Copy Clearview Signs

- Things You Have Stolen From Hotel Rooms

- Mandatory Roadside Cleanup You've Performed

- Any Other Belly Button Lint Collectors?

- Campfire Stories Around the Samsung Note 7

- Crustaceans You Have Eaten While Driving

- Old Suspension Alignments

- Does Anyone Else Find Covering Your Eyes While Driving Weird?

- Expletives You Prefer When Running Late For Important Events

- Photos of Your First Stroller

- Food Courts You've Clinched

- What is the Longest Distance You've Traveled Without Realizing You've Traveled?

- Cost Depreciation Appreciation Thread

- More States Should Use White Squares or Circles for Route Designations

- Favorite Farrier and/or Wheelwright?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:12:58 PM by formulanone »

jeffandnicole

• Last Login: Today at 04:35:59 AM
« Reply #409 on: October 11, 2016, 09:13:54 PM »

Thank goodness.  I was close to self-incriminating myself.

Does 3 coolers of ice count?  If not, then that was my weekend in Cleveland...

Max Rockatansky

• Last Login: Today at 08:46:30 AM
    • Sure, Why Not? (Highway Blog Spot)
« Reply #410 on: October 12, 2016, 12:50:43 AM »

Max's Amtrak Adventures

slorydn1

• If I pass you on the right, you're doing it wrong.

• Last Login: May 18, 2019, 01:56:21 AM
« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2016, 11:57:46 AM »

Thank goodness.  I was close to self-incriminating myself.

Does 3 coolers of ice count?  If not, then that was my weekend in Cleveland...

I might have knowledge of the whereabouts of a couple of ashtrays that may possibly at one time have belonged to a hotel or two.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

jp the roadgeek

• Last Login: Today at 03:03:20 AM
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

3web

• Last Login: June 30, 2019, 12:17:51 AM
« Reply #413 on: October 13, 2016, 12:53:06 PM »

How do I make my dog love me?
Who knows where the road goes? Of course! Google maps!

freebrickproductions

• The traffic signal enthusiast for north Alabama.

• Last Login: November 04, 2019, 08:07:09 PM
    • Mike's Railroad Crossing Website
« Reply #414 on: October 18, 2016, 02:31:44 PM »

Future East Coast Interstates by 2050
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

sparker

• Last Login: Today at 02:57:48 AM
« Reply #415 on: October 18, 2016, 04:00:28 PM »

How many toddlers' foreskins have you pulled back? (Yeah, a bit over the top but guaranteed not to surface)

Actually, there's a whole profession -- or at least a subset of a profession -- that does just that activity on a regular basis.  The profession is "mohel"; a rabbi trained in the art of the "brit milah", more commonly known as "bris" --  the ritual circumcision of Jewish males when they're 8 days old (and sometimes later, depending upon the parents' choice).  Of course, they need to pull back the foreskin before cutting it off, so that activity is part of the process.  Nothing particularly predatory to be found here (although some organized opposition to the act of circumcision in general has been seen at times).  I'm just surprised that other posters didn't cite mohels before now.  My 1st wife was Jewish, so I was privy to witness the bris of her nephew (I gritted my teeth during the whole event -- and was somewhat relieved that we had a daughter!).   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:13:59 PM by sparker »

kphoger

• Last Login: November 20, 2019, 05:01:29 PM
« Reply #416 on: October 18, 2016, 04:31:50 PM »

- Crustaceans You Have Eaten While Driving

Crabmeat sandwich.

- Does Anyone Else Find Covering Your Eyes While Driving Weird?

I do find driving at night with 3-D glasses weird.  Not quite the same...

- What is the Longest Distance You've Traveled Without Realizing You've Traveled?

Approximately 100 miles in eastern Colorado, when I succumbed to highway hypnosis.  I came out of it in Denver, drifting towards a truck in city traffic.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.

kphoger

« Reply #417 on: October 18, 2016, 04:33:54 PM »

Hilos que nunca verán en aaroads.com

FTFY.
:sombrero:

inkyatari

• Widen I-80 through all of Illinois!

• Last Login: Today at 08:31:18 AM
    • Pie Factory Podcast - Classic Arcade gaming talk
« Reply #418 on: October 18, 2016, 05:12:18 PM »

-Make the Illinois and Michigan Canal a Coast to Coast Waterway
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

kphoger

« Reply #419 on: October 18, 2016, 05:17:23 PM »

Hangers

CNGL-Leudimin

• When in doubt, US 41

« Reply #420 on: October 18, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »

FTFY.

Both translations are valid, your 'fix' being a more formal one (or the Mexican way, with mine being the Spanish way). But you could argue it already exists as this thread.
Actually, there's a whole profession -- or at least a subset of a profession -- that does just that activity on a regular basis.  The profession is "mohel"; a rabbi trained in the art of the "brit milah", more commonly known as "bris" --  the ritual circumcision of Jewish males when they're 8 days old (and sometimes later, depending upon the parents' choice).  Of course, they need to pull back the foreskin before cutting it off, so that activity is part of the process.  Nothing particularly predatory to be found here (although some organized opposition to the act of circumcision in general has been seen at times).  I'm just surprised that other posters didn't cite mohels before now.  My 1st wife was Jewish, so I was privy to witness the bris of her nephew (I gritted my teeth during the whole event -- and was somewhat relieved that we had a daughter!).   

Nice point. In my country circumcision is only done due to medical reasons, and as such I despise it if it's done for other reasons. Don't fix what is not wrong. Besides, my (controversial) proposal asked for toddlers, not babies (who usually don't have a retractable foreskin, while most of 3 year old boys have).

Anyway, more proposals:
圣杰高速 (This would be the Chinese name of I-10)
Channel bridge-tunnel opened (linking France and the UK)
UK to change driving side for consistency

kphoger

« Reply #421 on: October 18, 2016, 05:52:24 PM »

FTFY.

Both translations are valid, your 'fix' being a more formal one (or the Mexican way, with mine being the Spanish way). But you could argue it already exists as this thread.

I knew I could get you.  You crazy Spaniards and your vosotros...

I almost changed it to Hilos que nunca se verían en aaroads.com, but it wouldn't have been a direct translation.

Topics you'll never see on aaroads.com:
Conjugation of Spanish verbs

vtk

• she pronouns please

• Last Login: September 24, 2019, 05:06:08 AM
    • Vid's Space
« Reply #422 on: October 18, 2016, 06:25:28 PM »

You crazy Spaniards and your vosotros…

This deserves repeating out of context.
Look, over by the restrooms! It's a girl! It's a boy! No, it's Captain Enby!

…Do you think they're trying to decide which one to use?

noelbotevera

• Now at a Redbox kiosk near you!

• Last Login: Today at 06:49:25 AM
« Reply #423 on: October 18, 2016, 06:49:07 PM »

What's a foreskin?

(no seriously, I have no idea what that is)
Doing things that nobody wants to do since 2004.
I was THE youngest forum member from May 14th, 2015 to September 25th, 2016.

I am the second Alex, since I currently use my father's name...

kphoger

« Reply #424 on: October 18, 2016, 09:45:19 PM »

What's a foreskin?

(no seriously, I have no idea what that is)

Do you seriously not have a dictionary? Or a Google?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.