AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IDriveArkansas signage installed  (Read 2244 times)

M86

• Livin' the dream, in my dreams

• Last Login: January 20, 2020, 06:27:30 PM
IDriveArkansas signage installed
« on: November 18, 2013, 03:49:45 AM »

AHTD posted a huge sign on US 71 southbound, just to the south of the Missouri border proclaiming the IDriveArkansas website.  I wasn't able to get a picture of it, but the sign is as big, if not bigger, than the "Welcome to Arkansas" sign (which needs a refresh).

Now, they just need to do the Iteris/Safetravelusa 511 that is used by 10 other states.  Because a motorist typing in a web address into their smartphone is a hell of a lot more dangerous than a motorist calling 511.

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: Today at 09:32:55 PM
Re: IDriveArkansas signage installed
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 04:16:59 AM »

:bigass:
http://www.google.com/search?q=idrive+arkansas
Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Sorry, we have no imagery here. Sorry, we have no imagery here. Sorry, we have no imagery here.
Florida route log | pre-1945
I will do my best to not make America hate again.
Global warming denial is barely worse than white privilege denial.

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Sign Inspector

• Last Login: Today at 08:02:41 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 09:32:03 AM »

AHTD posted a huge sign on US 71 southbound, just to the south of the Missouri border proclaiming the IDriveArkansas website.  I wasn't able to get a picture of it, but the sign is as big, if not bigger, than the "Welcome to Arkansas" sign (which needs a refresh).

Now, they just need to do the Iteris/Safetravelusa 511 that is used by 10 other states.  Because a motorist typing in a web address into their smartphone is a hell of a lot more dangerous than a motorist calling 511.

I was just in Texarkana: I should have have taken a photo of it. :(

Arkansas doesn't even like *55. It on the maps, but there are NO signs.
a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest -- Simon & Garfunkel

M86

• Livin' the dream, in my dreams

• Last Login: January 20, 2020, 06:27:30 PM
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 03:03:13 AM »

Funny, I was up in Joplin, and passed the multiple MoDOT dynamic messaging signs along I-44.  Low and behold, *55 for highway emergencies.  And, "Don't let friends drive drunk, MoDOT Cares", and something about putting children in a car seat, and something about remembering truckers (I went back and forth on I-44 in the Joplin area over a 48 hour period).

Why can't AHTD do this?  Not to mention the Amber Alert system... Or the Morgan Nick Amber Alert System here in Arkansas.

It's funny... SDDOT installed a bunch of these signs along I-29 & I-90, and they said if they post too many messages on the signs, the people will ignore it (this was after a winter storm, and SDDOT didn't post weather conditions). Quite the contrary.  I love reading the MoDOT signs.  And the reminders are just that.

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Sign Inspector

• Last Login: Today at 08:02:41 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »

Funny, I was up in Joplin, and passed the multiple MoDOT dynamic messaging signs along I-44.  Low and behold, *55 for highway emergencies.  And, "Don't let friends drive drunk, MoDOT Cares", and something about putting children in a car seat, and something about remembering truckers (I went back and forth on I-44 in the Joplin area over a 48 hour period).

Why can't AHTD do this?  Not to mention the Amber Alert system... Or the Morgan Nick Amber Alert System here in Arkansas.

It's funny... SDDOT installed a bunch of these signs along I-29 & I-90, and they said if they post too many messages on the signs, the people will ignore it (this was after a winter storm, and SDDOT didn't post weather conditions). Quite the contrary.  I love reading the MoDOT signs.  And the reminders are just that.

I'm sure AHTD will claim not enough money/resources/interest.  I DID notice AR 549 has a couple Median mounted VMS's... probably for driving times.
a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest -- Simon & Garfunkel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.