News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Old Toronto Street Signs for Sale

Started by Dougtone, November 21, 2013, 09:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougtone

Not for sale quite yet, but Toronto is planning on selling its old street signs to the public, finally.  I believe that was initially supposed to be a thing earlier this year, but the city decided to hold off of that.

http://torontoist.com/2013/11/the-city-will-probably-start-selling-decommissioned-street-signs-next-year/

Alps

My town did the same thing, and also held onto the "unsellable" ones. Through consistent contact with them, they allowed me to rummage through the "unsellable" bin and got a pretty nice deal overall (six signs for $100, instead of $25 each). May be worth contacting Toronto and saying "Hey, there's a market for signs that actually do show wear - if you want to sell those at $50 instead of $100, you can still improve your overall profit."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.